So, what to do with 3 kids who want to be outside or doing something fun all the time? Yesterday Dave worked half a day, so we took the kids to lunch. That evening I took the kids to see the 3D version of Monsters vs. Aliens. Okay, so I didn't stay and watch. My brother-in-law took his kids and was kind enough to let me drop off Easton and Paisley so that I wouldn't have to sit through it with Avery. The kids really liked it and thought that the 3D was awesome!

Today we went to lunch at a restaurant with a nice play area with my friend, Heather, and her 3 kids. That was nice. Avery is at a good age to be able to finally go play a bit by herself. It was nice to sit and have some adult conversation while the kids played and had fun. This afternoon Easton and Paisley have dentist appointments and then Easton has soccer practice.
So, I guess we are staying busy. But, just not in the ways that I had hoped and planned.
Oh, and after we ate lunch today, Avery fell asleep in the car. I love that because then I lay her in her crib and enjoy the next couple hours. As soon as we pulled in the garage today, though, she woke up. She had been asleep for about 10 minutes. I hurried her in and laid her down. But, to my dismay....
POWER NAP!!!
Totally! She was wide awake and even though I tried very hard to get her back to sleep, she is now up playing with a 10 minute nap under her belt. NICE!! She must not realize just how much I look forward to and NEED her naps! Oh well, she will go to bed early tonight for sure!
One last item...I just wanted to post how much fun I had this weekend with my sister-in-law and my mom on our trip to Utah! It was very relaxing, and tiring at the same time. We did a lot of shopping and I got some really good deals. The kids are pretty much ready to go for summer.
We had a fun time in Park City. We went clear downtown, away from the outlets, for lunch. I had never been to that part of Park City before. It is such a cute little place with lots of little shops and restaurants. We found a fun little candy store where I bought some really tasty chocolates, and ate lunch at a little pizzeria. Very fun. I wish we had had more time to look around there, but we had to get back to the outlets for round 2 of shopping! :)
Thank you, Dave, for so willingly staying home with the kids so that I could go. I really had a great time and loved that I didn't have to worry about anything because I knew the kids were well taken care of! Thank you, hon, I love ya!!!
Okay, one FINAL tidbit. I just wanted to share this about Dave...he is all of a sudden a facebook addict! I have had a facebook account for a while and once in a while he would get on mine and play around. But, he thought as a whole that it was dumb. Then, he decided to get his own account and realize he LOVES facebook. He has been reconnecting with a bunch of people from his past and just thinks it is the greatest thing! I just think it is funny. Personally, I think facebook is pretty boring and that blogging is way more fun. Apparently, Dave doesn't agree.

He is going to need to start going to FAA, Facebook Addicts Anonymous, if there is such a thing...
5 comments:
That makes me laugh!! I was addicted to Facebook at first too. I love the facebook pic. I totally understand my kids need warm sunshine too!
Lunch was fun! I was in a such a good mood all afternoon. Let's do that again soon!
My spring break was on hold to because of the weather. On the Facebook vs blog. I like blogs much better. But face book is good to. I never call my friends anymore I just use that and saves minutes and also for things you want to share but not on your blog!!
I am so glad that you had a good time in Park City. That is such a good idea!
Your last comment on my blog made me laugh. Nope not pregnant. I feel like I already have my hands full for now!
Hey I had a lot of fun in Park City too! Eventhough we had some set backs with the hotel and everything. . . oh well what a good experience and something we can laugh at down the road!
Post a Comment