Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A little scary...

Today I took Avery to her 2 year old check up. She is 35 inches (81st percentile), 30.5 pounds (88th percentile) and her head is 90th percentile. :) She has always been big for her age. Her height has gone down in percentile. For a while she was off the charts in her height, then like 99th percentile, and now it is creeping down. She must be leveling out a little. She is definately bigger that Easton and Paisley were.

Everything seemed pretty good until he listened to her heart. He asked me if he had ever mentioned before that she had a heart murmur. I told him that I didn't think so. He looked back in his notes and saw that nothing had been noted before. He was a little concerned because he did hear a fairly loud heart murmur and it concerned him because he hadn't heard one in her before. So, as a mom and a HUGE worrier, I began to worry. He said that it is enough of a concern that he wants to get it checked out. But he told me not to worry. He said he doesn't think it is an emergency or anything like that.

So, he made an appointment for us to see a pediatric cardiologist that comes to town from Primary Children's Hospital every couple months. She will have to have an EKG and a heart x-ray before that so they will have that to look at. I guess that most of the time it isn't a big deal. But, better safe than sorry. We will see the doctor April 15th. So, just a month of worry ahead of me is all!

Also, he is going to have her speech tested to see if she is in need of any therapy. He said she is probably on the line of qualifying or not. She should be speaking 50+ words, and she has about 10 really solid words. So, we will be getting that checked out, too.

Hopefully there is nothing to worry about. But, when it involves my children and their health, I always worry! I will be sure to keep y'all updated!

3 comments:

Ryan and Heather said...

I can see why you would be worried. I'm sure she is fine though so try not to worry too much! She is such a fun little girl!

Johnson Family said...

It sucks that you have to wait that long to have her tested. I am sure you are one big ball of worry. I know how you are!! :)

Try not to worry yourself silly! She will be okay!! Things have a funny way of working themselves out!!

Melissa Bitton said...

Jason's little one has to visit with a Primary Children's specialist for the same thing. They're worried too! It's normal. You want your little one to be safe and healthy. Best wishes. She is so adorable!