Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Baking with the girls...


Easton had soccer practice tonight. Our neighbor's son is on the same team. So, they took Easton to practice. Dave is still working, of course, so it was just the girls and I. I wanted to do something fun with them. I have really been craving homemade cookies, so we put on our aprons and went to work.



They each got to dump some ingredients into the mixer. They thought that was great! Of course they had to taste test, and Avery said, "mmmm".



They turned out really yummy and filled my craving! :) (Not so good for the biggest loser contest, however!)



Today we went to a play place with my sister-in-law and her kids. The kids had a lot of fun. I meant to bring my camera and unfortunately, I forgot. But, they had a good time playing with the cousins. Even Avery had a great time. And, when she got home she took a nice long nap, which I was so grateful for.

The kids go back to school tomorrow. I am kind of glad to get back to "normal" routine. But, it was fun to have them home for a few days. I am actually looking forward to summer. A while back I was kind of dreading summer because I didn't know what I would do with them all day. But, now I am totally ready for it! Bring on the SUN!!!

4 comments:

Angie T. said...

We are even...I made oatmeal cookies today. I couldn't resist. It has been a tough week for me!

Christy said...

Tell your girls thank you. They were delicious. Brandon gave some to Emory and she loved them. She cried to get another one and she even carried around the plate and licked it clean. That is how good they are. Thanks.

Bowler Family said...

YOur girls are SOOO CUte!! YOUr such a good mommy!!! They look delicous!

Johnson Family said...

Yum those cookies look DELICIOUS!!