Monday, March 2, 2009

Our weekend

I am going to try to do a better job about blogging more. I blog fairly often, but only usually when I have pictures to go along. I am going to try to put more of our daily activities, just so I can have them documented in the future. And, my in-laws moved to Washington recently and I know my mother-in-law is a faithful reader. So, since I am a horrible phone person, Shirley, these "boring" posts are for you! :)

Starting out...Dave is doing a training class at work. These classes are 10-12 weeks long and are LONG hours for him. So, I don't usually see him until at least 7:30 p.m., and that is a good night. So, Friday night, I didn't feel like fixing dinner, and didn't feel like taking the kids out by myself, so we ordered pizza. The kids love it when we do that, so that was fun. (I love the Hawaiian BBQ Chicken pizza at Papa Johns!! See below)



Then we put on The Lion King and ate popcorn.



I had cleaned the whole house that day, but hadn't vacuumed the family room yet. Thank goodness, because Avery made a TOTAL mess with the popcorn. It looked very similar to this:



Saturday at 8:15 a.m. (too early!) was Easton's last basketball game for this season. He has gotten SO much better since the first game. They ended up with a good little team. I am so thankful for his coach, Megan, for putting so much time into helping them.



Anyway, after the game Dave had made a appointment with the chiropractor. His back muscles had been getting really tight and he was in quite a bit of pain. He has had this problem a few times in our marriage, but he hadn't ever tried a chiropractor. So, he decided to give it a try. We weren't sure how long it would take, so I dropped him off and took the kids to McDonald's to play while we waited for him to call and let us know he was done.



I brought a magazine with me to read at McDonald's for something to do. But, as I walked in, there was my cousin's wife, Chelsea. I was excited to see her and we ended up visiting the whole time, so that was nice. The kids had a bunch of fun playing, even Avery could play on the toys. Afterwards we went to pick up Dave. They had done a few things for him, one of them being a deep muscle massage. He really liked that and seemed to be feeling a lot better.

We then had to make a "fun" trip to Wal-mart. Wal-mart on Saturday is always crazy, but Wal-mart on Saturday with 3 kids is double crazy. So, we hurried through there as fast as we could and headed home.

That night we went to my Uncle Chad's for games. We love to get together to play the Curse of the Wolfen, which I have posted about before.



It sounds weird, but is so much fun with a big group. Chad has kids my kids's ages and so they all play together really well. Dave ended up leaving around 9:30 to take Avery home and rest his back. Easton and Paisley and I stayed until a little after midnight. Too late, but so worth the fun we have.

Sunday, Dave ended up staying home from church to rest his back with Easton and Avery. Pailsey and I went. It was actually really nice to sit in sacrament meeting with just Paisley. It was so quiet and relaxing compared to normal. I was able to listen to the whole thing and really enjoyed it!

That evening, Dave and I had to go have our temple recommends signed by the stake presidency. We had our neighbors, Brandon and Christy, come watch the kids while we went. (Thanks guys!!) On the way there I noticed that the couselor in the bishopric that interviewed me had accidentally marked me as a male on my recommend!! I didn't know if that would matter, but according to the stake president, it really matters. So, the stake president was able to interview me, but I have to go back and get a new recommend filled out and then take it to him to sign it. Kind of crazy!! Oh well.

That night we played games with our same neighbors, Brandon and Christy. We played Risk.



We have played with them before, and Brandon won. I was bound and determined not to let that happen again. But, it did!! I never realize how much I don't like to lose until I am losing!! Not too fun. But, we had fun playing, and eating too much candy! Next time...Brandon is going down!!! (Pass that on to him, Christy!) :)

So, that was our weekend. Sorry it is such a boring post for some. It was a good weekend and as usual, went by way too quick. Counting down the days until next weekend...

4 comments:

Jason, Sheri, Triton and Quinn said...

Sounds like you are a little more like your father than you think, with the competitive thing and all..

Christy said...

Don't worry I will definitely pass on the message. Thanks for having us over. That was really fun.
I also have to agree Papa John's Hawaiian BBQ Chicken is the best.

Johnson Family said...

I'm glad that I got to see you at McDonalds. Its always fun chatting with you!!

Melissa Bitton said...

I don't think couples should play risk together. I hate losing too and Me and Jake plus Risk has never turned out well. :)