Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend fun...

Another weekend has come and gone. They always go much too fast. But, it was another good weekend and we had some fun.

Friday the kids had a half day of school. As soon as they got home we had to go to Target. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and I told them that if they were good we would go get some lunch and eat it at the park. They were good, of course they were when there is a fun reward involved. So, we went to McDonald's, or they did, I got a sandwich at Jimmy John's. (So good!) We went to a little park that is usually not too busy. It was so nice that the kids didn't have to wear their jackets. We ate our lunch. Then they went to play and I had the luxury of just sitting in the sun reading my magazine and watching the kids play. It was really nice. I love that is Avery is getting to a good age for playing at the park. She was so content to go up the stairs and down the slide. This toy had 4 slides, so she would go up and pick a slide and do it over and over. She loved it. By the time we left she had little curls poking out all around her face which happens when she gets sweaty. She fell asleep immediately in the car, she was so worn out. But, it was a great afternoon!

That night Dave and I attended a work party. It was an event that they do about every 6 months with dinner, awards, and entertainment. It is a dressy occasion so I "had" to get a new dress. :) That was fun. We always have a good time at these events, and what is better than free entertainment and food??? Afterwards we went with our friends, Mike and Kalli, to a restaurant for a little more dessert and visiting. We had a good time.

Dave's parents were in town from Washington this weekend. So, Saturday morning we all met at Dave's brothers house for breakfast. It is always fun to get together with Dave's family. Always crazy with all the little kids, but fun. It worked out well that we had another BEAUTIFUL day on Saturday so all the kids could play outside.

Saturday afternoon, Easton had a birthday party to go to. So, while he was gone and Avery and Dave napped, Paisley and I went to a play that our stake put on. It was Esther and the King. They have put a lot of work into this play and it was very well done. Paisley really enjoyed it. She paid attention really well and understood the story of Esther pretty well when it was over. It was really fun for me to have a chance to be alone with my sweetie.

Saturday night we went out with Dave's parents and siblings for dinner without all the kids. That is always really enjoyable to just sit and visit. After the dinner we went back to brother's house to visit some more. We talked for a couple hours. A lot of it was the 3 brothers that were there reminiscing about their crazy childhood stories. They came out with some pretty funny stories that had us rolling with laughter and surprised even their parents. Good times!!

Today we attended church and had a relaxing afternoon. We had dinner and family home evening. We are going through the gospel art kit pictures. We are doing the Old Testament and do one or two pictures/stories each week. Tonight we learned about Moses liberating the Israelite people. The kids really enjoy learning the stories. They really look forward to it.

That was it. Nothing too exciting. Like I always say, it went too fast. But, it was fun. Monday is here again. Don't we all love Mondays???

I forgot to say that after the wonderful, wonderful weather Friday and Saturday, today it SNOWED!!!! It even stuck for a while. The rest of the day was rainy. I tell ya, I am sick of these teaser days! We just think spring is here, and then the snow comes. Oh well. Spring will come to stay soon enough...I hope!

No comments: