Friday, July 31, 2009

Fun Friday!

lantern...check
sleeping bags x 5...check
blankets...check
hot dog sticks...check
cooler...check
mosquito repellent...check
tent...check

Can you guess what we are doing tonight???? Yep...camping! Dave and I's FAVORITE activity. Such a favorite in fact that we have only done it once in our almost 9 years of marriage!! :) We can't wait!

Our ward is doing a family camp out instead of a father/son camp out this year. At first, I was really excited. Our kids have asked us to take them camping on multiple occasions. I know they are going to LOVE it! But, the closer we get, the more work it becomes and I wonder if it is worth it!! I mean, I will spend most of today getting ready for one night, probably 15 or so hours of outdoor fun! :)

I know it will be worth it, don't let me kid you. I am just dreading a bit the dirtiness and smokiness of it all. But, it will be fun to visit with friends and hopefully make new friends. It will be fun to watch kids in a talent show, watch people in the crazy p.j. contest, witness Avery's first experience in a tent, spend good quality time with my most favorite people in the world, and of course it will be fun to....EAT SMORES!! So, what am I complaining about? This is going to be a blast!

(Stay tuned in...I am sure I will have some fun stories to tell tomorrow!) :)

1 comment:

Ryan and Heather said...

I'm the first comment! Cool. So did you have fun? I'm sorry we missed it. We were all looking forward to going. I am such a party pooper.