Ahhhhh...it is raining. I still have my windows open from the night. Usually I close them first thing when I get up. But, there is something about the rain in July when it has been really hot. It is nice and cool and a little breezy and I can smell the rain. I LOVE it! ;) It is going to be a good day, I can tell.
Just a few health updates that I have been meaning to post. I took Paisley back into the allergy/asthma doctor last week. He wanted to see if she was still allergic to peanuts. So, he did the skin test and that came back positive. Then he ordered a blood test to see how the levels were. If the level was low, he would test her with eating actual peanut butter. But, it turns out the levels were still pretty high. So, no peanuts for my little girl. The doctor had hoped that she would outgrow the allergy before she started school. But, nope! But, luckily she is very conscious of peanuts and peanut butter and is very good at asking if food contains peanuts.
Avery is still quite behind in her speech. She learns more words daily, but she is still way behind where she should be. In April I took her in for hearing tests. She didn't pass in either ear. So, I took her to an ear, nose, and throat doctor. He immediately told me that he would put tubes in her ears if I wanted. I just didn't feel good about him. I wanted someone to tell me what she needed, and not leave it up to me. I am not the doctor. So, I got her into another ear, nose, and throat doctor. I had to wait a while to get in. So, we had our appointment on Tuesday. He looked at her tests from April and said if he finds the same results when he looked in her ears that we would know it wasn't a "fluke". So, he did find fluid in her ears and retracted ear drums, like before. He said she needed tubes to drain the fluid and regulate the pressure in her ears. He believes that this will fix her hearing problems. Which, should in turn help her speech. So, I am hoping. If it does not help, then that would mean there is nerve damage and she would have to have hearing aids. So, we are definately hoping the tubes are what she needs.
We go in Monday morning at 5:30 a.m. for tubes. The actual surgery is at 7 a.m. I am going to take her in and Dave will stay home with the other kids. I am dreading getting her our of bed that early! She never gets up before 8:00. Oh well, I am sure she will nap good that day! :)
I will update once she has had the surgery. I am not too worried. It is really minor and Easton had them when he was little. But, at the same time, I am a worrier! I worry about everything. So, I will be happy when it is all over.
It is still raining. You would think after all the rain we have had this summer that I would hate to see more rain. But, like I said, there is something about rain in July!
5 comments:
Good luck on Monday. You guys will be in our thoughts and prayers. Lets hope it is easy in and out like it should be. :)
Good Luck with little Avery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers too! She is such a little doll! I love her cute curly hair, she always looks so cute!!
Hope things go well! It is such a scary thing no matter what! It will work out thou. I know I shouldn't sat that but my with my kids I can relate a little!
Good luck little Avery..I hope it all goes well..We will pray for her..let us know if you need anything....
Good luck with Avery. I hope it will all work out. You will be in my thoughts and prayers! Let me know if you need anything.
Post a Comment