Here she is walking into the hospital...notice it is still dark! ;)
So, they set us up in a temporary room. We did all the paperwork and stuff. Then she watched cartoons and hung out for a while.
The bear that they gave her for being a patient.
She got up and started digging in my diaper bag looking for treats and started bawling when I told her she could not eat. Poor girl.
After a while they brought her in a "cocktail". It was a syringe with baby tylenol and some medicine that makes her really loopy. About 10 minutes after they gave that to her, they took her down to the surgery waiting area in her bed. It worked out well because my friend, Christy, works in surgery and was able to wait and visit with us. Then she is the one that took Avery into surgery. It made me less nervous to know that she was in Christy's hands versus a stranger.
While we were waiting for her to go into surgery she was pretty loopy. She just seemed out of it and dazed. This picture gives an idea of what she was like.
She was saying "cheese" but was totally out of it...you can tell by her eyes!
Finally, it was time. Christy and a couple other nurses wheeled her away. It is a strange feeling to leave her. But, I wasn't too worried. I went and waited in the room that they would bring her to. About 20 minutes later, the doctor came in and said that everything had gone well and as expected.
A little bit after that they brought Avery to me. She still seemed a bit out of it. She cried quite a bit at first and was pretty much inconsolable. The nurse offered to bring her a popsicle and that calmed her down. She ate the whole first popsicle and started to cry again.
So they brought her a second popsicle and that helped.
I think the poor little girl was hungry.
Once she was all calmed down they started the paperwork to let us go. By the time we left she was getting hard to control, so back to her normal self. I am so glad that things went well. (Thank you, Brandon, for helping Dave give her a blessing last night! I am sure we can attribute that to her fast recovery.)
I tried to get a picture of the two of us, but she couldn't quit watching TV!!
All done and ready to go!
Shortly after we got home I had to take Easton and Paisley to swimming lessons. Avery was completely normal. She is a bit tired, but I am excited for her to take a long nap today so that I can, too! :)
4 comments:
I am glad it went so well. I will keep my fingers crossed she does sleep long!
I'm glad it went well...She is a cutie!!
I'm glad to hear that everything is good. She's such a trooper!
So glad it went well! She is so cute!
Post a Comment