Friday, May 1, 2009

Post #101!!

I just noticed that my last post was number 100!! Wow! That is a lot of posts! It is fun looking back at the last few months on my blog. I am so thankful that I started to blog. I am finally "journaling". I use to write in my journal a lot when I was younger. But, I haven't journaled much at all since I have been out of high school or married. I hate that there have been so many activities and things that have happened in our life that I have forgotten about. I don't want that to happen anymore. I am glad I have an easy and fun way to record what goes on in our little family.

Last night we got a big dump truck full of dirt delivered onto the road behind our house. Dave took out a section of our fence so that we could easily access the dirt.(I hope our grass recovers!)



A guy in our ward was nice enough to bring his tractor over at 6:30 this morning and bring it all in to our garden for us. Dave did a few trips with the wheelbarrow last night, but it would have taken him FOREVER if he would have done it all that way. Now our garden is built up quite a bit and that much closer to planting. We hope to start planting this week.



On Tuesday I took Avery in to have her hearing checked. She didn't pass the test in either ear. She does have a cold and stuffy nose. They are hoping that a lot of the hearing loss was temporary due to the cold. They want us to bring her back in a couple weeks once she is all better and check again. I am not sure what they will do for her if the hearing doesn't improve. They didn't really get into that on this appointment. But, this could all explain her difficulty talking.

We have a busy weekend ahead of us. My sister-in-law, Erin, and I are throwing a small baby shower for our sister-in-law, Josie, tomorrow morning. It should be fun. Josie is due in the beginning of June. She is one of those really cute pregnant women! We can't wait to meet their baby girl!


Josie and her "baby", Tyrone! :) (And Josie, if you are reading this, YES, I totally stole the picture off your facebook! I hope you don't mind! I didn't have any of you, sadly enough!) :)

Right after the shower I will meet Dave over at the soccer field for Paisley's soccer game. Her asthma has been pretty bad the last few days and so I hope she is able to play...

Right after that we are going to go to my parents' house for a BBQ. My brother, Andrew, is headed to Florida for the summer to install security systems.


Andrew and his wife, Stephanie, in Mexico during our cruise.

He leaves this week and so we are having one last get together before he leaves. I sure will miss him. But, he is going to have a BLAST in Florida!

In the evening after the BBQ we are going to my Uncle Chad's house for some Wolfen fun. Wolfen is a great group game that I have posted about before. We love getting together as a family to play and eat! I am really looking forward to that!

So, our Saturday is jam packed full of fun activities. After lots of days of staying home, I am excited to have a day full of things to do! Such is the life of a stay-at-home mom!

One last thing...just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sister-in-law, Erin!!! She is such a sweet person and has become a really good friend of mine. We are both "lonely" stay-at-home moms and so when we get the chance to talk on the phone, we can talk FOREVER! I love it! Thanks for everything, Erin! I hope you have a great birthday!!! (I totally wanted to post a picture, but I don't have one. So sad! I even tried to steal one off YOUR facebook, too, but you don't have any on there, or in your blog! You need to post some of yourself!!) :) :)

4 comments:

Andrew and Steph said...

I have you to thank, Jamie, for my blogging addiction! But I also love keeping an online journal as well. I can't wait till I get to my 101 post! Tomorrow will be way fun. I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever. . .what it's been like a week :)

Brandon, Erin, Addi & Jace said...

Thanks Jamie! I don't know what I would do without those long phone conversations many days and am so grateful for them! Your garden is looking great...how exciting! Lots of canning in your near future, right?!

Ashley said...

I am glad you have a blog! I am glad I do too. I hope they find out about Avery's hearing soon. I hope it's nothing, I will pray for her :)

Ryan and Heather said...

Post #101! I don't think I even have half that. I hope everything checks out okay with Avery's hearing. Our appointment is on Monday. Kind of funny how both our girls are going through all this at the same time.