The kids had mixed feelings about school ending. Paisley was really sad to leave her teachers. She wants to try to visit them this summer. Luckily, one of her teacher's families owns an ice cream parlor and she works there on the side. So, we will definitely be in to see her. :) Easton was really sad to leave his best friend from school. I assured him that he would see him when school started again, but he was still pretty upset. I felt bad for him.
Easton and Paisley did well on their report cards for the end of the year. Granted, they don't get letter grades yet, but they got as good as they each could with the grading systems. And, Easton got an award from the principal for 100% attendance. So, that was pretty exciting for him.
On Wednesday, I was able to go help with the 1st grade Field Day. They divided all the kids up into groups and we would go around to stations for about 10 minutes each. It was fun. The kids had a great time. It was pretty hot out that afternoon and the kids drank a lot of water. Afterwards they had root beer floats which they all thought was a GREAT treat!
I took some pictures of Easton at the Field Day festivities...
Dripping with bubble solution at the bubble startion!
Our group
My crazy kid who can't take a picture without a crazy pose!
Look out, summer, here we come! We are READY!!
2 comments:
I'm so jealous you are out of school! We still have 15 more days. Our field day is on Monday....but our kids are doing track events! I can't wait to watch some of my first graders doing the long jump and running the track!!
Hooray for summer!!! Let the fun begin! Mmmmmmmmm Rootbeer floats sound so good! Aren't you so glad you could be with Easton on such a fun day? I bet he loved having you there!
Post a Comment