Thursday, May 14, 2009

My little girl is growing up...



So, preschool is coming to an end for my little Paisley. She isn't so little anymore, she is 5 1/2, but I have a hard time believing it. She is actually a boy-crazy 16 year old in my 5 year old's body, but I am trying to hold onto my 5 year old preschooler with all my might!! It kind of makes me sad that her preschool days are almost behind her...

Tuesday was her end of the year program for her preschool. They had a magic show theme.



Paisley doing a flower pot magic trick...sorry for the horrible quality!

It was kind of different. In all honesty, Dave and I were a bit disappointed in the program. They only sang one song and the rest of the time the teacher did cute little magic tricks. Oddly enough, after the show, you could purchase all the tricks that she "demo'd". The kids took turns "helping" with the tricks. It was kind of sad. When Easton was in that preschool, they sang all kinds of cute songs at the program. It was great. Now it is like a way for the teacher to make a little extra dough! But, I truly do love this preschool teacher. She is really good and has taught my kids very well. But...that program needs some tweaking! :)

Paisley was very cute in it though. She was quite a ham. During the one song they sang, we were trying to get a few pictures. Every time my dad would take a picture she would stop and put her shoulder up and look over it in a cute little pose.



My dad was laughing and saying what a "Poser" she was. :)

One of the tricks she was able to help with involved a rubber chicken at the end.



She got to hold it and was the center of attention and she ATE THAT UP...the attention I mean! :) She doesn't have a shy bone in her body.

Afterwards we went out to ice cream which was very fun. I am sure proud of her!

Wednesday morning we went on her end of the year field trip for that preschool to the zoo and funland. This was Avery's first time being on rides. I don't think she quite knew what to think.




When we put her on the first ride, the airplane ride, she just sat there looking fairly confused. The ride started and she didn't really smile at all, until she saw me and then she smiled and waved. But, then it was back to serious.

They got to ride the carousel and the trains also.




She enjoyed both. She did try to climb out of the train as it was going and the lady had to grab her, but other than that she did well.



Paisley, of course, loved riding the rides and could have done it all day! Then we had a little picnic and off to the zoo.



The zoo was fun. The girls enjoyed it. It was fun to see it especially through Avery's eyes. She loved seeing the lions, monkeys, and tigers. They were both very good and it was a great time!

I am so thankful for times spent having fun with my children. It is fun to see them get excited about doing something fun.

Last night I got to attend a class for Enrichment that was about couponing. This is something I am very interested in, but kind of overwhelmed by. I have done a bit here and there. I got a lot of good info out of this class. Couponing is like a learned sport! Seriously. You have to learn it and master it and practice it. It is actually a lot of work. Luckily for people like me, there are a lot of women who blog about their couponing and share the good deals. So, it makes it easier. Thanks Christy for putting SO much time into the class. I learned a lot. I appreciate you saying that you will have times where it didn't work and you are frustrated. I went to Albertsons a couple days ago and didn't get near as good of deals as I had expected. I was pretty frustrated. So, now I can forget that...start fresh...and get couponing again! :)