My last post I wanted to be all about Dave and I's moms. They are OUR reason for the day. But, we had a great day with the kids and I am definately so blessed that I get to be THEIR reason for the day.
We have church at 9:00, so we didn't have time for anything extra special. Just getting ready for church. But, Easton, Paisley, and Dave all were very sweet in wishing me a Happy Mother's Day.
Easton had brought home a cute little flower in a Halloween mug for me.
He gave it to me Friday, he was too excited to wait. ;)
Paisley also gave me part of her gift Friday. She painted this little bug statue and gave me a card.
On Sunday, she had a little flower for me. She had also compiled a box full of miscellaneous things for me.
There were her 100's of Hannah Montana stickers (I told her she should keep them for herself), there was several pages she had colored for me, and just random things from her room. It was very sweet. She really wanted to make sure that she spoiled me! :)
Dave bought me just what I wanted, a George Foreman grill. ;)
I have been wanting one for a while so that I can try to make healthy things quickly for myself for lunch. So, this should be fun. Thanks, honey!
Church was great. We had some funny speakers. The kids sang a couple of Mother's Day songs. I love when they get the chance to sing to us.
That evening we had a BBQ at our house. We had my parents, grandparents, and my aunt and uncle and their 5 kids. My uncle is not much older than me, six years, and so they have kids our kids' ages. That works out perfect. They play so well together. Dave and I grilled tri-tip steak. It is always a hit. And, we had lots of other great food. It was a really fun night.
I really enjoy Mother's Day! I love to honor our mothers and grandmothers. They are so important to me. I also love to be on the receiving end and watch the fun that my kids have in celebrating the day. They have been so excited for Mother's Day. They kept asking when it was going to be here. I am so grateful that I am blessed with 3 beautiful children who call me "mom". They truly are the greatest blessings in my life. I love them each more than they will ever know!
3 comments:
I'm glad you had a great day! Your kids are so sweet! I love Paisley's statue, it is for sure a keeper!! Being a mom is truly the best gift ever!!!
I always fell that mother day is for Jon and mine Mom's. it so busy. I glad you had a good day. Hope things are good??
Glad you had a good day-I sent Mark to take care of his parents since they both had surgery last week. Gifts from the kids are priceless and sometimes I wonder what my parents thought of the things I gave them!
Post a Comment