Saturday morning Easton and I had a great opportunity. We got to go down and watch my dad and my sister-in-law graduate from college. My dad graduated with his master's degree, and Jackie with her bachelor's degree in finance.
Paisley had a soccer game and there was NO way we were going to fight Avery through the whole ceremony. So, just Easton and I went, which I really enjoyed. It is really nice to be able to spend time with my children one on one sometimes. He was really good the whole time. I enjoy that he is still my little boy, but old enough to take somewhere and have him be good.
The ceremony was long, of course. But so great to watch my dad and Jackie walk across the stage. These have not been easy school years for them. They have each had their challenges through the time. But, they both persevered and made it through. I am so proud of them both.
Easton and my dad right after the ceremony
My dad graduated with his bachelor's degree when I was in high school. He had been working towards his degree for many years. Slowly, class by class, while raising a young family, he made it. Then about 4 1/2 years ago he decided to earn his Master's degree. At the time and up until about a year ago, he was the bishop in his ward. He also worked full time.
My dad's parents, my grandparents, and my mom and dad
I am very proud of him. He has never let his circumstances stop him from reaching his education goals.
Jackie has 2 little boys and is pregnant with her third baby. Through all her pregnancies she has continued to go to school. She never took a semester off. I don't know how she did it. She is so smart and strong. I am so proud of her.
My brother, Jarom, Jackie, Dillon, and Braylon
When I consider going back to school, I always figure it will be when my kids are all in school because I couldn't possibly do it now. After watching Jackie, I know that it is possible now, I just have to want it and work for it. Jackie...you truly have inspired me! Congratulations!!
And of course, I had to get in one picture of my super handsome little man! :)
He wanted his picture taken, that doesn't happen often! I love this boy!
Congrats again dad and Jackie! I am so glad that we could be there to celebrate this moment with you guys! You worked so hard and I thank you for being an example to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment