We had a great weekend Memorial weekend. Friday night, Easton spent the night at my parents' house so he could go fishing with them at 4 a.m. the next morning. My parents are not real big on fishing, but my brother, Jarom, is. So, it is kind of a standing tradition that my dad and brothers go fishing on opening day in my dad's boat. Easton couldn't wait to go fishing. He loves it. He had a great time and got a few fish all by himself!
So, to make it up to Paisley that she couldn't spend the night at her grandparents', we let her have a little sleep over. She had our good friends' little girl spend the night, and a neighborhood girl join in the Friday night festivities. We took them to eat dinner and play and then rented a Bratz movie for them to watch. I let Paisley pick out ANY 3 snacks she wanted for the movie...this is what she picked:



Can you blame her?? I mean, if she is allowed to pick ANYTHING, I think she did a good job! :) Don't worry, they didn't totally go crazy. I gave them a plate with a Hershey bar, a few chips, and 2 oreos. More than the usual, but not too bad.
So, they went to bed pretty well. But, Paisley came in my room a little before 6 a.m., and she already had dress up clothes on. So, who knows how long they had been up! They let us sleep a while longer and then I made pancakes.
Paisley had a soccer game that afternoon, and it was pretty hot. She did a great job. Saturday evening we had some friends, Brook and Nathan, over for a BBQ. Dave and Nathan played baseball with the kids. I think it was more of Dave and Nathan playing baseball, with a side note of children. :) They all had a great time while Brook and I talked. Paisley fell asleep in her room a little after 6 that night and slept all night. I'm not surprised she was tired for as early as they got up!
Sunday was church and then we went to my parents for smores which I already posted about.
Monday, we didn't have a lot going on during the day. So, we went up to the cemetery. When I was in 4th grade, my dad's younger brother died in a motorcycle accident. When I was in 5th grade, my mom's younger brother died in a car accident. It was a rough couple of years in our family. I definitely have a different perspective and understanding now as an adult. My parents were about our age when they went through all that. I can't imagine. But, I do remember both of my uncles and have vivid memories of each. So, we took the kids to the cemetery to visit their graves. Along with those graves, I have several grandparents buried in the same cemetery. We told the kids about each of the family member's graves we would be visiting. We also told them to try to be reverent there. They did pretty well. We just happened to run into my parents there. That was nice, so we visited with them as we walked.
I took a few pictures of the kids while we were there.
They had found a bush with a bunch of ladybugs on it, kept them busy for quite a while!
Sharing their ladybugs with Avery, who we found out inherited my fear of bugs! :)
That evening we went to Dave's brother's house for a BBQ. It is always good to visit with his family. I took my camera...but didn't take one picture!!! :( But, it was a good time, anyway!
So, that was our weekend. Dave also had Tuesday off and so we did yard work that day. I planted another row of onions and the tomatoes and peppers. (That is a story for another post!) Great to spend so much time with family and friends! Loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment