I just wanted to write a little post about how very much my children mean to me. I take for granted sometimes that they are healthy, smart, beautiful, happy, giggly, crazy, rambunctious, silly, sweet, and innocent. I don't ever want to take that for granted, but it is kind of easy to do when things are going well.
Tonight we went to Easton's soccer game. As soon as we got there Easton got out and ran over to his team. I was parked right up against the school and couldn't see cars coming from the opposite direction. Easton needed me to tie his shoes so I called him to have him come back to the car. He started running to me. All of a sudden a big truck drove right in front of me. I had not been able to see it until it was right there. It was like slow motion...I could see Easton coming and because of parked cars, he couldn't see the truck either. But, I could see him coming and the truck and knew that the timing was exact. He was going to be hit by that truck and there was nothing I could do. I was totally helpless. All I could do was scream. He did run right out in front of that truck. I do not know how it happened, it was a total and complete miracle, but somehow that truck stopped. With not a millisecond to spare. When it stopped, Easton was right in front of it, looking right at the driver. I am so sure that there were angels protecting him tonight. He wasn't meant to be hurt. It was truly a miracle.
I am so thankful that someone was protecting my son tonight. It was probably the absolute most scary moment of my entire life. I am so thankful that the driver of that truck was paying attention and hadn't looked away for a split second. Afterwards, I calmed him down, and just held him for a few minutes. He then ran back to his team. I had to just sit there for about 5 minutes and pull myself together. I was shaking so badly and could hardly think. It was awful.
Tonight I went down to tuck Easton into bed. We talked again about what had happened. I asked him if he thought that we should pray to Heavenly Father to thank Him for protecting him tonight. He thought that was a good idea and asked me to say the prayer. It was a really neat experience kneeling with Easton and thanking the Lord for preserving him. I don't often pray one-on-one with my children. But, I think it is something that I should do. It was so spiritual. Afterwards he gave me the biggest, longest hug. I hope to remember that experience forever.
I pray that I will not take for granted my children and their childhood. I got a glimpse tonight of how quickly that can be taken away from me. I hope to never ever ever experience that, but I am almost grateful that I had this experience to knock some sense back in to me. I needed a bit of a reminder of how very blessed I am and how temporary it can be.
3 comments:
OH Jamie!! That is too scary, you brought tears to my eyes. It is so true some times we just get so involved and forget how truly blessed we are. Easton for sure had angels watching over and protecting him. Summer time is such a busy and exciting time, but everyone just needs to be a little more careful! I hope your ok! I can only imagine how you felt!
That is WAY too scary. Makes me want to cry reading it. I am so glad that he is safe. Thank you for sharing this story. I bet it wasn't easy. :)
Jamie thank you for this post. I am so glad that Easton is safe. The tears were flowing while reading this. It just shows how quickly accidents can happen.
Post a Comment