Then, a while later we got a good deal on a new phone for me. It was really nice...purple even! So, that was a great phone. I was very careful with it. I used it for several months. Until...one day I was wearing pajama pants when I took the kids to school. I put the phone in the pocket. Then, I did laundry that day. I always check my pants pockets, but did not think to check my PAJAMA PANTS pockets. Yep, a third phone through the wash. Okay, Dave...not very happy! So, I went without a phone for a couple weeks. Then, my sweet mom found a really old phone she had and I was able to use that. It got me by just fine. I was thankful for it!
So, Thursday morning I had Avery in the bath. I was in there doing my hair and I had my cell on the counter. My home phone rang and I talked for a few minutes. A lot of times while on the phone, I pace around. So, I was out of the bathroom. I did not see my "sweet" little 2 year old get out of the tub, grab my cell phone, and get back in the tub. When I came back to the bathroom, she was standing there yelling for me to look at her. I look over and in her hand is my cell phone...DRIPPING wet!! Oh, Avery!! So, I hurried and took out the battery and tried to dry it all out with my blow dryer. It never turned on again!!!
Can you imagine how much I DIDN'T want to call Dave??? But, this time it wasn't my fault! It was Avery's!! You would think I could leave a phone sitting around, NOPE! Not with my tornado girl. So, he laughed about it. He said, "What else can I do but laugh?"
We went to the Verizon store and they said they would let us buy one at the one-year contract price. Great! But, there wasn't a phone at that price for less than $175!
Luckily we knew a guy who was selling a phone. I was worried about what condition it would be in. But, at this point, I couldn't be too picky! So, Dave went and got it and paid him the $50. He got it home and I love it!! It is a really cool phone in really good condition! I was pretty excited. It is the ENV2 and looks like this:

So, I hope to have this phone for a long time. I am going to be careful to keep it away from the 2 most dangerous things a cell phone can come across in this house.
This:

and this:
5 comments:
Thanks for starting my day off with a good laugh!!! Seriously that is a lot of phones. I can just picture little Avery's face holding up the phone all dripping. LOVe it!! GOod luck with your new phone!!
This is just me laughing!
Wow. That is funny. They make phones that are waterproof. If that happened in our house Emory would be loving life cause every few months she would be getting a new phone to play with and she loves phones.
I've been blog MIA for awhile so I had to catch up on your blog. Ya I could call but this is way more fun. :)
I love your new cell phone! I've had my fair share of "mishaps" to so your not alone.
What is it about guys and nerf guns. Justin went out a couple months ago and bought himself one. Him and my brothers play with them all the time.
It looks like you have been super busy with end of the year stuff. I bet you can wait for summer when you have all three kids all day!!!
:) Good thing well be going to the park!
You should see the screen to my cell phone well you really can't actually only when you type numbers he he. It was sad that we were not able to talk more on Wednesday.
Post a Comment