Josie went into labor on Saturday morning. Dave and I had planned on going out on a date that night and were going to go up and see them in the hospital. But, unfortunately, we couldn't find a babysitter. That night I was complaining to Dave about how sad I was that we couldn't go up. I had talked to Dan and several members of Josie's family were at the hospital awaiting the arrival, but no one from our family. He so kindly suggested that he stay home with the kids and I go up! I couldn't believe that I hadn't thought of that idea myself!! So, I more than happily agreed. I called my sister-in-law, Erin, and we left to the hospital. Thanks Dave!!!!
We got to the hospital right as she was born. We waited in the waiting room with some of Josie's family until it we could go in to see her. She was sooo cute! She weighed 8 lb. 11 oz. and was 21 1/2 inches long (I believe). When we saw her she was less than an hour old and so alert. I loved it. It was a neat experience to be there that soon after the birth. I hadn't had that experience except for my own children's births.
We went up with our husbands the next day again. She was even cuter the next day with her hair all done and bows in it. So sweet.
After that I "craved" holding her! It was weird. I think that is a sign, I am a bit baby hungry, I think. I just need to convince Dave that our family needs one more little one! :) (Good luck to me on that!)
Friday night, Dave's mom was in town and we had a little BBQ with all Dave's family at our house. Dan and Josie came with Brailey! I ended up holding her for quite a long time. I loved it. She was so cute and cuddly. I really miss having a newborn!! Paisley and especially Avery could not get enough of her. I had to protect her from Avery! She was trying to be nice to her, just didn't grasp the concept that she was not one of her dolls. But, she just smiled and talked and loved little Brailey.
Here she is...
And here is Paisley holding her...
We had a really nice BBQ. We were almost done eating when some big, black, swirling clouds moved in really quickly. All of a sudden it began to sprinkle. We quickly worked together to bring everything in and managed to get it in as the hail started! It was a downpour!
It was okay, we just moved the party inside. Here is the only other picture I took at the BBQ.
Dan, Erin & Jace, Brandon, Tammy
I tried so hard to get a nice group picture, but Dave's brothers just wouldn't let me! :) It is always interesting! :)
1 comment:
She is so cute!! I am so happy for Josie! I have to agree, it sounds like somebody might be a little baby hungry? LOL!!!
Post a Comment