Monday, June 22, 2009

Goodbye paci, goodbye old friend



Oh pacifier! How can I thank you for the many hours that you have pacified my sweet little Avery. You pacified and comforted her in ways nothing else could. She loved you so much.



We carried you with us where ever we went for the last 2 years. You have been like a member of the family. You came in all sorts of pretty colors. We must have owned at least 20 of you. But, no matter...we loved each of you just the same.




I am afraid,though, that you may have damaged my little Avery's teeth. They are not very straight in front, and I have a sneaking suspicion that her love for you has caused this. That is why we began to cut back on Avery and your relationship. She got used to not using you during the day...but oh how she still needed you at night.



You are to her a trusted friend. She felt she could not rest her weary head without you.



Friday night you were gone. We could not find any of you. I was so tired, Avery was so tired, and we were so ready for her to go to bed. I searched every room. I have no idea where you are hiding. So, I faced the truth...that was the night! That was the night that Avery would go to bed alone, for the first time in her life. Without you...without her paci.



She actually did well. She did ask for you, but I told her you went bye-bye. She seemed to be okay with that. She went to sleep. She has slept each nap and night time without you since then. Don't worry, you are not forgotten. She still asks for you. But I respond with, "Where is paci?" And she sadly says, "Bye-bye."



Good bye old friend. You have been good to us. You have been like a second mother to my baby. But she is not a baby anymore, we must give you up. And we have. I am so proud of my little Avery. Good bye paci...forever!

3 comments:

Bowler Family said...

Your little Avery is growing up!! Such a cute post Jamie! I love the pictures of Avery, She is so stinkin CUTE!!! I remember when Hunter finally gave up his. You feel bad at first because they love it so much, but I guess they can't have them forever.

Andrew and Steph said...

Jamie that was so FUNNY! I loved it. Good job. I bet posting those cute tiny pictures of Avery made you baby hungry. . . ;) She's so dang cute!

Johnson Family said...

Such a funny but very true post! I totally sympathize with you. Karsons time is coming soon and I am dreading it! But yay for you, you did it!!!!