I just wanted to take a few minutes and honor the great fathers in my life. There are so many examples of wonderful fathers in my life, but I choose to focus on 3.

First and foremost, the father of my children. Without him, I would not be able to experience this most wonderful of all gifts, motherhood. I love Dave for the caring father he is to my children. I am so grateful that he is such a playful dad.

I am not as playful, I am much more serious and worried about the daily needs of the household. I am so grateful that I got to witness my children's father out on the trampoline the other night just playing with my children. They were laughing so loud. It was a beautiful scene.
I can also see the love that he has for them through the way that he worries about them. He is not a worrier...I am. But, when it comes to the kids, he worries much more about them. It is not that I don't care as much...it is that I can not worry that much about every minute of their lives as a stay at home mom because I would be a basket case. I have learned to worry a little less. But, to me it is very sweet that he worries over them so much when he is at home.

I am extremely grateful for Dave being so helpful to me with the kids. He has changed his share, okay maybe not his share :), but MANY diapers, fed many meals, fixed many little plates, wiped many tears, given many hugs, and made many laughs for Easton, Paisley, and Avery.

He is such a wonderful help to me. Each week in sacrament meeting it seems that I hit a "wall". Usually with about 15 minutes left, I have suddenly had it with the constant busyness of dealing with 3 young children and trying to keep them quiet and entertained. That is when I turn to my husband and hand off the baby and take a few minutes to myself. He is always so willing to do this for me. I only need a couple minutes and then I am rejuvinated and ready to continue on. But, this happens in our daily life also, and I am so thankful that he is so willing to jump in and let me become rejuvinated as a mother.
Thank you, Dave, for all you do as a father and for my 3 most precious gifts!
Of course, it wouldn't be Father's Day if I did not take a moment to write about my own father.
I am in constant awe of my father. In my eyes, my dad does no wrong. I am confident that he truly does, I am sure he isn't perfect. But, my eyes don't see it, he is perfect to me. I love him so much for his example. He is such a wonderful man. He raised me so well and taught me so many things. I wouldn't be the woman I am today without him. Thank you, dad, I love you so much!
And, Dave's dad, John.

John looking very pretty in a Little Mermaid wig! :)
I am extremely grateful for him as well. Without him, I wouldn't have my husband. I am so grateful for the good man that he is. I always joke that Dave is just like his dad. Dave's mom will agree with me, I think. It is so funny to me. So, if you want to know Dave's dad, just get to know Dave! :) They have the same funny, teasing sense of humor. It took me a while to get to know John, because I couldn't read him. He would seem serious, but it was a joke. I know now that most of the things he says is a joke or a tease. It makes it fun to be around him, always laughter. I am sad that we can not be with him today. They live in Washington. But, John, I am thinking of you. Thank you for raising a great man. Thank you for making me feel at home in your family. Happy Father's Day!
I also am blessed to have wonderful grandfathers, uncles, brothers, cousins, and friends who are all great fathers. Happy Fathers Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment