Friday, June 26, 2009

Fun Friday

So, I am kind of having one of THOSE days, already!

I have been donating plasma for a couple months now. I am saving up that money for our vacation later this summer. I take the kids to the daycare that they have there when I go. This morning I had an appointment for 9:15. Not to brag, but my kids usually sleep until about 9:00, so I had to wake them up "early" this morning. So, I got up, very tired, and got ready. Got the kids up, did the girls' hair, fed them breakfast and rushed out the door at 9:00. (For some reason this is a hard task in the summer, during the school year it doesn't seem so hard.)

So, I got there, dropped my kids off at the daycare and go through the little routine. They check vitals and weight, etc. Well, I was up like 5 pounds, don't know exactly what happened there. (Okay, maybe I have an idea or two, I guess cinnamon rolls and things like that don't help to lose the extra weight!!! Who knew!?!) The weight gain made me really sad. Then they check my blood and my protein is pretty low and I can't donate today. This was after I ate a protein bar before bed and drank a protein shake at 6:30 this morning. Again, not sure what happened there. I was so disappointed! All that trouble to get there and they just turn me away!! So, I picked up the kids and headed home.

Oh yeah...it is raining today, and rained on us pretty good on the way home from the plasma center. Who cares that I washed my car for the first time in forever last night! I was thinking the rain might finally be over. NOPE! So, my clean car...not so clean anymore.

I got home and started some laundry and went to have some breakfast. I poured a bowl of cereal and sat at the bar to eat it. When I was just about finished, I looked down and there was a big pool of milk around my bowl. Apparently there was a big crack down the side of my bowl that I hadn't noticed. I looked on the floor and there were little drops of milk all across the kitchen where I had walked. Just add it to the list of fun this morning! :)

I am not trying to complain as much as it sounds. I was just sitting here thinking about all that has happened since I got up and it isn't even 10 a.m. yet! But, the clouds are leaving and the sky is getting blue. I am sure that is a sign that things are looking up, I hope!

On a happier note, Paisley lost her second front tooth yesterday! So, she is a toothless girl in the front.


After she lost the first front tooth and left behind a "snaggle tooth!"



Her cute toothless smile! :)

She lost her first front tooth not too long ago. The remaining tooth decided it must have plenty of room and so I swear her tooth moved it self right into the center. It was really probably an illusion, but it looked like one lone tooth in the center of her mouth, just hanging there. Needless to say, I was sooo happy that it finally fell out! :)

Easton and Paisley went swimming yesterday for a cousin's birthday party. They had so much fun! I didn't even think about taking a camera, but they had a great time. That is when Paisley finally lost her tooth...while eating a doughnut at the party!

This post is somewhat lame. Oh well. Just some typical, everyday events in my life. I am looking forward to the weekend!

3 comments:

Bowler Family said...

Thank goodness it is the weekend!! HOpe your day gets brighter!!! I love Paisley's cute pics!!!

OH ya, and it's not lame, some days are just like that! REAL LIFE!

Andrew and Steph said...

I have been having one of those days too. I think the weather has a lot to do with it. Where is summer??? I'm glad Pais lost her tooth. She pinky swore me on Sunday it would be out in 2 weeks. I bet you're glad it didn't take that long :)

Ryan and Heather said...

Were you just mad when it rained again later? Crazy weather! So glad Paisley finally lost that tooth! So sorry Ryan traumatized her! Have a great weekend!