Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Baja Mexico Cruise



Our cruise was an awesome experience. It was so relaxing and fun. I loved it!

We started out on Monday morning flying into San Diego. From there we took a bus to our cruise ship. We had to go through the check-in procedures and at about 12:00 they let us get on the ship. I didn't know what to expect. But, we went in and it reminded me of a big, fancy hotel.

The first thing we did was...eat! Would we have done anything else? :) Afterwards we went around and toured the ship. It was so big that at the end of the week we were just starting to get used to where things were. There was a couple formal dining rooms, many little clubs and bars, a casino, a library, a card room where we played games, several stores, pool, a couple hot tubs, a miniature golf course, a spa, a big auditorium, and many other things.

Tuesday was a full day at sea. We spent the day playing mini golf, games, some of us napped, we ate, then we ate some more, we joined in a few games on the ship, and that night was our formal dinner. We all got dressed up and enjoyed a dinner of prime rib and lobster. Each night you could choose appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. Usually we each ordered 2-3 appetizers. That was kind of fun. They usually had REALLY good soups.

One of the nights we went to a hypnotist show. That was my favorite part of the cruise. My brother, Andrew, got hypnotized. He had been hypnotized once before on a different cruise. I have rarely laughed so hard in my life. He truly was the star of the show. He was so dang funny! At the end of the show the man gave him a black hat with a black wig and a glove and told him that he was Michael Jackson. I have not seen dance moves like that come from him ever!! Hilarious!!

Wednesday we went to Cabo San Lucas. We had signed up to go zip lining. I am going to do a separate post about that. Afterwards we walked along the docks and shopped. It was really pretty there and perfect temperature. We also ate at a fun little restaurant there.

Thursday was another day at Sea. I really enjoyed those days. They were the most relaxing. We filled them up with lots of fun and food!

Friday we went to Ensenada. We rode a bus for about 40 minutes out to the Blow hole. There are only 3 blowholes in the world, Ensenada, Australia, and Hawaii. It was pretty neat. Water get sucks up in a hole and then spouts up. When we were there it was more like a mist, I think the tide needed to be higher to actually spray. They had about 1/2 mile of shops leading up to the blowhole. On the way back we did a bunch of shopping. We ate at a fun restaurant called the Habanna Bananna.

We had a great time. We played lots of games in our spare time and just enjoyed hanging out together. Thanks guys for the fun time! We missed you tons Jarom and Jackie and Justin and Chelsea and hope you can join us next time!

Thank you to Erin, Brandon, Shirley, Mike & Kalli, and Heather for all your help with the kids. Avery ended up getting a high fever and Dave's mom had to take her to the doctor. Nothing was wrong that they could tell and so it all ended up okay. She did throw up and keep Erin up 1/2 the night one night. Sorry Erin! Thank you so much for taking care of her, though. The kids were in good hands and we are so thankful to all those who made this cruise possible for us. It was great!

3 comments:

Kori said...

It was sad to see you in San Diego in jackets, but then I am glad you got to wear your cute plaid shorts in Cabo! It looks like you had a blast!

Johnson Family said...

That sounds like such a great time. I really wish that I could have seen Andrew doing his dance moves. Just hearing about it sounds hilarious!!! I bet that there was a lot of good food! I am glad that you all had so much fun and all went well with your children. I can't wait to go next time!!! :)

Jason, Sheri, Triton and Quinn said...

Your grandparents are still the cutest, tell your mom and dad hello.