Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cruise time, baby!!!


Well, it is finally here! Dave and I are leaving to go on our first cruise tomorrow afternoon. Actually, we leave to Salt Lake, and then fly out Monday morning. So, I have looked forward to this for like 6 months...so why am I starting to dread it???

There are so many days that my house is crazy and I think how I would love to be in Mexico or somewhere else right now. But, then when it really comes down to it I am super scared and worried! I am the biggest worrier you will ever meet. So, I have a lot of worries tonight on the eve of our trip.

I worry of course about the safety of the kids. They will of course be in very good hands, that I know for sure. But, anything can happen. I worry that they will be sad and miss us and cry. I worry that they won't miss us! :) I worry that they will drive the poor people who are watching them completely crazy. I worry that the people watching them will not like us when we get back. (Just kidding!!) :) I worry about them getting to and from school.

I worry about our safety. I worry that we don't have a will. I worry that we are going to miss our flight for snow and then miss our cruise! (I am worrying about that A LOT!) I worry that we won't bring enough money. I worry I won't pack enough of or the right kind of clothes. I worry they will lose our luggage.

And the list goes on...

I am obviously kind of a pessimist, but I can't seem to help it. I try not to worry, but it doesn't help. I do it anyway!

But, I am actually still excited to go. I can't wait to get away with my family, especially Dave. It is on trips away without kids that we seem to remember exactly why we are together in the first place. It is great to reconnect. I am also excited to just totally relax, especially after the craziness of the holidays!

I am very, very, very, grateful for the 3 separate families that will be watching our kids at some point this week. Really great friends, great brother and sister-in-law, and Dave's sweet mom. Thank you soooooo much! We owe you all SOOOO big! We know that they are in good hands, and that does relieve some of my worries. I know they will be well taken care of and loved while we are gone. Also, thank you, Heather, for helping with the school situation! I owe you big, too!

So, good bye for a week. I hope to have awesome pictures to show and lots of fun stories to share when we get back!!!!!

4 comments:

Kori said...

Have fun and be safe! No worrying, just enjoy yourself!!!

Ashley said...

Have so much fun! I worry a lot too, but everyone will be fine.

Ryan and Heather said...

I'm a bit of a worrier too, but everything will be great. Make some memories and have fun!

brandy said...

I am the Queen of worrying, so I understand. Call me or email me when you get back. We are going to wait for you before we start the biggest loser