
A while back, in October, my visiting teacher was telling me about the free preschool program at school. It was 5 days a week and about 2 1/2 hours a day. At the time I talked to her they didn't have enough kids to fill the classes and had opened it up to applications from anyone. So, I thought, since we weren't too far into the year, I would see if I could get Paisley in and take her out of her current program. I mean, free is free, right?
So, we were supposed to find out in November if she got in. We never heard anything. So, I had pretty much forgotten about it. Then, finally, while we were away on our cruise, the lady at the school district called and left two messages saying Paisley got in. I called her back on the Monday we got back, left a message, and then didn't hear back. During this time of waiting, I decided not to pull her out of her current preschool. We are at least half way through the year and I love her teacher and the program. I didn't think it was fair to pull her out this far into it. Plus, I want to put Avery in the same preschool and didn't want to burn any bridges.
The lady finally called me back on Friday and said she had two more openings, one in the afternoon and one in the morning. Morning?? I hadn't considered that. I thought, maybe she could do both. I called and consulted with Dave and then with Paisley. We decided to put her in the preschool in the morning and then let her continue 3 days a week in the afternoon.
I worry a little that that might be too much. If it is, we can take her out of one. But, I think she will be fine, and love it! She was really excited when I took her today. It doesn't matter at all to her that she is the "new girl" and doesn't know anyone. She is such an outgoing little girl, and loves new situations! Plus, she gets so bored while Easton is at school, this will be fun for her to have some activities for a few months.
I, on the other hand, have mixed feelings. It is kind of wierd and quiet this morning with just Avery and I. I miss my little helper. She is the sweetest girl and is sooo willing to help me. Easton, who is quite shy, was very worried about her being the new girl. He suggested that she get a blessing from daddy because he remembered getting a blessing each time he started school and knew it would help. So,last night, Dave gave Paisley a blessing. It was very sweet. I am so thankful for Dave, and for Easton's sweet faith.
So, I better go play with Avery, I think she is missing Paisley, too. I hope Paisley enjoys this new little chapter. What I would give sometimes to go back to preschool! :)
2 comments:
That is awesome! I bet she will do great, she is so outgoing. I kind of look forward to days with only 1 kid. :) But then I realize it means they are growing up SO fast!
That is great!! Trenten also goes to a free preschool w/ the school district. But it is only 3 day a week, I like our better!
Post a Comment