Easton was also excited to get to wear his scout shirt for the first time. I asked him if he felt cool in it. He said, "No, but I do feel like a big boy!" It was funny. I can't believe that he is a "big boy" going to scouts already! Time sure flies.
Easton getting introduced as a new cub scout.
We got to the church had the car weighed and measured and it was right where it should be.
The races began, and I won't lie, I was a little nervous. Easton was so excited about it that I was just hoping he'd win at least a couple races. But, he did much better than that. He won a lot!
Waiting for his car to come down the track...
And, so happy when he won!
They ended up being able to race every other car. He beat every other car except for one. Some of the matches were very close, but his little car pulled ahead. But, there was one car that he just couldn't beat. So, he ended up taking 2ND place out of about 14-15 cars.
Dave was so excited. Much more so than he let on, I think. :) But, I know that he was really happy that Easton was so happy.
What a fun night! I love a little friendly competition. There were some really neat cars made and I think everyone had a great time!
2 comments:
I heard his car did really well! Good for Easton (and Dave)!
Awesome!! I'm glad you all had a great night!
I think he looks pretty cool in his new scout shirt!
Post a Comment