Friday, January 8, 2010

FIESTA BOWL!!

So...I am a very nice wife. Really, I am. Proof, you want proof??? Okay...this is where Dave was while he was gone for 4 days with his brothers...



See, I told you I am a nice wife! :)

Yep, Dave and his 3 brothers left last Saturday morning to go to the Fiesta Bowl. They spent the first night in Las Vegas. I hear that they had A LOT of fun there, quickly followed by him telling me, "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!" :) Sunday they drove the rest of the way to Phoenix. Dave served his mission in Mesa, AZ and so while he was there he was able to visit a family that he was really close with on his mission. That was fun for him. There youngest child is now 15, and Dave really dated himself by saying that he knew that child when she was in diapers! So, he has obviously been home from his mission for a little while!

Monday was the day of the game. Dave said that he had been excited for the game, but had no idea how much fun it would actually be. He loved it and they had great seats.






After the game they ended up with a bottle of champane. (Long story.)



Don't worry, they didn't drink it, but one of the brothers kept it as a "trophy." Funny story, you will have to have Dave tell you someday! :)

They drove back to Vegas Monday night and then drove home Tuesday. I know that he had a GREAT time. It seemed like every time I talked to him on the phone, they were all laughing their heads off. One time I actually had to hang the phone up on Dave because he was laughing so hard. He could hardly breathe. So, I let him pull himself together before he called me back. :)

I don't know many details of the trip. Maybe I don't want to know. :) Maybe I can get Dave to post some of what they did. I do know they had fun. I am so glad he was able to spend good quality time with his brothers! And, I am glad he is HOME!! Love ya, hon!!

No comments: