Friday, January 22, 2010

Sisters!

I ALWAYS wanted a sister when I was growing up. I dreamed of having the bond that sisters have. Even now I often wish I had a sister. I have the BEST sisters-in-law and really, really great friends. But, not quite the same as an actual sister. So, when I found out that I was having Avery and there were going to be sisters in our house, I was so so so happy for my girls! They are such good little friends.

So, the day that I have dreamed of as a girl, and especially since I found out Avery was a girl is here.

My girls are doing this:




There first "real" Barbies play time. I LOVE it! Barbies were SO my thing when I was little. I played hours upon hours with my friend, Danielle. And, now, here are my sweet girls, sisters, playing Barbies together. How my heart sings! :) :) (A little dramatic, I know.)

And then, to top it off...I was laying on the couch reading/watching them play. And, here is their conversation:

Paisley: Isn't it fun being sisters?
Avery: Yeah, sisters.
Paisley: Yeah, it is SO fun!

My words exactly, girl!

3 comments:

Ryan and Heather said...

Super sweet post Jamie!

Andrew and Steph said...

That's so cute! I totally understand the "sister bond" it is the best. However, what about Easton? I guess you guys will have to work on that :) He shouldn't be left without a brother, right? :)

Dan n' Josie said...

I agree with steph, Easton shouldn't be left out :) I am totally with ya on the sisters thing, I'm hoping we have a girl next so they can have fun too!