Monday, October 19, 2009

My Little Hunter



We had a really great weekend. I got to go on TWO dates with my handsome husband, got to go to our ward's Super Saturday, got to spend time with my in-laws who were in town, and got to hang out with some of my family Sunday night. It was definitely fun-filled as far as I am concerned.

But, Easton got to do something that he has been wanting to do for a LONG time! He got to go on his first deer hunting trip! He is obsessed with hunting and fishing. That is a little strange considering neither Dave or I do either. But, my brothers are avid fishermen and hunters. So, they have obviously done a good job rubbing off on Easton. I remember when Easton was just starting to draw. We bought him a little magna doodle. My brother, Andrew, taught Easton to draw a picture of a deer through the cross hairs of a gun scope. So, for a long time, whenever Easton drew a deer, which he did quite often, there was a target on it. :)


Easton and Uncle Jarom

He got to go hunting with my dad and my brother, Jarom. They came to pick him up at 6:30 a.m. (Which meant that I had to get up early to get him ready. Not so fun!):) But, I didn't even hear Easton's alarm go off like I usually do. It must have only buzzed once before he got up and shut it off. He was so excited.


Easton with grandpa

I guess that they had a really fun time. They didn't see any deer, though. But, they were able to see two moose. So, Easton was pretty excited about that.

Thank you, Jarom and dad for fulfilling one of Easton's biggest dreams! :)