Some days I feel overwhelmed by my trials. Some days it really feels like I have a heavy burden on my shoulders that I am silently carrying. I look at others and think how nice it must be to not be carrying my burdens. (As if they don't have any or something.)
But, then, there are days like today. I am thankful for my trials today. My trials seem relatively light today. I know that I will get through them and I know I am fine. I have had things put into perspective today, but at the expense of others' trials. I have seen two friends with eyes full of tears today because of their trials. I can't tell you how sad it made me. I just didn't even know what to say to either one. Nothing I say will take away their burdens. But, I was able to help each lighten their burdens a tiny tiny bit...I hope. That makes me feel a little better.
After I saw my second friend with tears welling up in her eyes, I felt horrible. I had to go in a closet and pray. I prayed that these women would get through their trials and that I would know what to say and what I could do. I prayed to be a tool for Heavenly Father to use to help my friends in their trials.
These thoughts are just weighing on my mind today. I pray for my friends. I am thankful that the Lord has blessed me with "small" trials at the moment. I pray that I can be a good friend and a tool that the Lord can use.
No comments:
Post a Comment