Dave is really not a big fan of carving pumpkins. I think it is the mess factor. We have only done it a few Halloweens in our marriage. But, this year a man came to our door selling pumpkins and I couldn't resist. I let the kids all pick their pumpkins out of his truck. Pretty handy!
Saturday night was the big carving night. The kids had been begging us all week to do it, but since Dave gets home so late on the weeknights, we couldn't let him miss out! :)
All "patiently" waiting for daddy to cut the tops off the pumpkins
Easton did a really good job and was pretty thorough.
Paisley also did great, but tired quickly and needed a little help. :)
Avery did better than I expected and had a lot of fun, but also needed some help.
Dave and I just couldn't help ourselves, we had to dive in as well.
We finally got the pumpkins all cleaned out and then it was time for the carving. Dave and I handled that part. Here are the finished products.
Easton's is the biggest, then Paisley's, and Avery's is the small one. (Don't laugh too hard at the carving jobs. Dave and I never claimed to be experts!) :)
The kids were so excited about their jack-o-lanterns!
Afterwards I thought it would be fun to take the kids to get a pumpkin treat. So, we went to Fiest Ole and got each of us a pumpkin empanada. I thought they were great, the kids...not so much. They all took about one bite and that was it. They don't know what they are missing! :)
But, overall, a really fun night!!
1 comment:
I think your pumpkins turned out cute! I bet your kids had so much fun! I love your apron by the way!
Post a Comment