Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy Birthday to my little man!



Today is Easton's 7th birthday! I can hardly believe it! I can't believe that 7 years ago my first little baby was born.

Easton was born on at 1:00 a.m. on a Sunday. I had been in labor all the previous Saturday, hoping to have him on 02-02-02. But, alas, a few complications later, and he came on 02-03-02. :) I ended up having him by C-section. He had some breathing complications and so he was in the NICU for 3 days. We were able to bring him home as normal, though.

He was such a good little baby. He slept through the night at just a few weeks old. (Of course, he slept right between Dave and I in our bed, that probably helped!) He ate anything that I gave him, every kind of baby food. He didn't crawl until he was 10 months, and didn't walk until 14 months, but he talked early and clearly. It is so cute to look back at home videos and listen to his sweet little voice talking so plainly at just 2 years old. One of his cutest "tricks" as a toddler was knowing all the actions for a referee's football calls. All Dave would say is, "touchdown", "holding", "incomplete pass", or many other calls and he would immediately do the action. It was sooo cute!

He was only 20 months old when Paisley was born, so still a baby himself. He was really good to her and they bonded very early. I am always so thankful that they are so close in age.

He loves sports. He has tried most sports that are available to him. He loves football the most, and wrestling second. He is such an aggressive boy that sports come pretty easy to him. He is currently in basketball and is doing very well.

Easton has a very soft heart. The other night Avery was very tired and cranky. We had let the kids have a little icecream before bed. Avery was not eating it when Dave was trying to feed her. He tried several times and finally gave up and took her out of her high chair. She started crying like someone had broke her heart. But, she had had several chances, and was mostly just really tired. Easton came into me with tears in his eyes and said that dad wouldn't give Avery any icecream. I told him that dad had tried and she wouldn't eat. So, he asked if he could go try to feed her. So, he did, and she ate it. It was just so sweet how much it hurt him to see his little sister so sad.

I love Easton so very much. He is such a fun-loving, sweet, playful, and smart little boy. I hope he knows how much Dave and I and Paisley and Avery love him.

Happy Birthday! You deserve nothing but the best! I love you, so much my little Easty!

4 comments:

Kori said...

Happy Birthday Easton!

Ryan and Heather said...

Just so cute! Time has flown! We have known you guys that long!

Red Head Family said...

Love seeing the pictures and how they change over the years. Daniel had fun yesterday. Thanks for the invite.

Johnson Family said...

What very sweet pictures of the little man. I can't believe that he is seven already!! Man time goes by so fast! Happy Birthday Easton!!!