In my last post I wrote that Avery learned how to climb out of her crib, open a door, and unlock a door all in 24 hours. Okay, I learned last night that that is not exactly true.
I was relaying that story to my parents last night and Dave admitted that he had taken our little key for our inside doors and unlocked her door yesterday morning. He said that he kept hearing her trying to get out. I know, it sounds kind of sad to hear that. But, honestly, from my perspective, I just wanted her to be in bed until the other two got up. It wouldn't have been too long. She could play for a for a few minutes. But, daddy felt sorry for her.
I guarantee he wouldn't have felt as sorry for her if he was the one that had the chance to sleep in yesterday!! :)
She did learn the climbing and the opening doors in 24 hours, though. One great thing...she hasn't realized that she can do that before she goes to sleep. When I lay her down for nap or bedtime she goes right to sleep. She just climbs out when she is done. I can't wait for the day she realizes she can do it when I first lay her down. Should make for some fun times!!!
(I typed way too soon! Today about 2 seconds after I layed her down for her nap she was right back out again! So I swatted her bum and got after her a bit and then she went to sleep. Little turkey!!!
2 comments:
I think that bed time is the hardest especially with more that one kid. My kids get away with more than they should because I don't want them to wake up the other one.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! don't eat to much birthday goodies
Post a Comment