
Well, it is official! I am not in my 20's anymore! Today is my 30th birthday. 30 always seemed so far away, yet here I sit, a 30 year old woman! It is hard to believe.
I was chatting with a friend of mine that I have known since 6th grade today. We were saying that we don't feel any older than we did in high school. That is a crazy thing. My mind feels the same as I did at 18. Obviously I know a lot more and have more experience. Still, my mind feels the same. But, when I look at my life, with Easton being 7, and our next anniversary being #9, I realize that I am definately getting older, even if my mind is the same!
The past 30 years have treated me well. I had a great childhood with a loving family. I have wonderful parents, and two great brothers. I was really blessed to grow up with really great friends who I still keep in contact with today. We really helped each other to stay on the straight and narrow and I am so grateful they are my friends. I met a wonderful man loves me and takes care of me. And, together we have our greatest blessings, our 3 beautiful children. I was thinking today that I am pretty much where I thought I would be in life at age 30. I just can't believe I am here already! :)
So, on with the day's activities. Dave took the day off to spend with me. I was so grateful for that. He is really busy at work getting ready to start a training class, but he knew that it would really mean a lot to me for him to be home. We got the kids off to school and then left. I knew I didn't want to stay home all day because that would be a "normal" day and I didn't want "normal". We went to IHOP for breakfast. Then we went and hung out at the mall. My grandparents had already given me some birthday money and so I found a winter coat on clearance for that exact amount. I had been wanting a new coat for a while. We also bought the girls some Easter shoes to match their dresses at the BOGO sale at Payless. So cute!
After the mall we went to go pick up Paisley from preschool. Then, we went to do the most fun part, the DMV! :) My license expired today and so I took advantage of the fact that Dave was with me and I went and renewed that. Then we went to lunch at Red Robin with the girls.
Tonight my parents took us to dinner at Pizza Hut (Paisley's choice). It was good and fun to be with them. Thanks for dinner, mom and dad! They were joking that it is harder for them to know they have a child who is 30 than to actually be the one turning 30. :)
That finished up my birthday. I know, it seems like all we did was eat! :) But, what better way to spend the day, right? :) (And that is why I am in the biggest loser competition!) :) All I asked Dave for was some perfume and he delivered. He bought me some perfume, but I felt bad because I didn't really like the smell. So, we took it back and they let us exchange it. So, now I have some that I really like and am very excited! It is Live by J Lo.

Thanks, Dave!
I had a really nice birthday. The kids each told me several times "Happy Birthday." Paisley told everyone in her class and so her teacher came and wished me a happy birthday. Easton said he told all his friends. They were pretty excited for me. Paisley gave me 3 paintings she had made in school, one being a portrait of me, and $0.41 and Easton gave me a Star Wars bracelet and $0.36. :) They were so proud of their presents and I was really thankful for their sweet gestures.
Thank you for everyone who called or emailed a happy birthday message. I truly had a great day and really felt special. It is good to have a day devoted to me once a year! :) It feels good! I am a happy girl tonight.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday! I am glad you had a good one. :)
I am glad you had a great birthday. I sounds like it was a lot of fun.
Happy Birthday!!!! I feel so bad that I didn't call you. Your thirty, now you can start having the time of your life!!! :) Isn't a womans prime in her thirtys?
Post a Comment