Friday night was our ward Christmas party/chili cook-off. So, I signed up to make chili. I talked to my friend in the ward and told her that I have a good recipe for chili, but that it is just normal chili, nothing fancy. I told her that if I win a category it will be for the most traditional.
Anyway, they had several categories, most spicy, most unique, best tasting, and most traditional.
Sure enough, I won for most traditional! I was pretty excited! I have never won (or entered) any cooking contests before and so I was glad to be recognized. :) They gave me an apron that said, "Most Traditional." There were lots of good competition there.
Santa Clause also attended our party. He came around to each table and talked to each child. He gave them each an orange, to go along with a story that was read about a Christmas orange. The kids loved that part!
All the primary children serenaded us with a couple of Christmas songs. Avery really wanted to go stand up with Easton and Paisley as they sang. I let her for a minute but then she became too much of a show off and she had to come sit down. :) And then it was over. Short and sweet. :) It was a fun little get together. It was good to visit with ward members, and oh so fun to win! :)
1 comment:
Good for you Jamie! I wish I could have gone. Ryan said it was a lot of fun and that the chili was great.
Post a Comment