Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008!


I set my alarm for 7:45 Christmas morning. I got up and the house was silent. I hurried and showered and got ready, as did Dave. By the time we were all ready, the kids were still asleep! Actually, Easton had just barely gotten up and was looking in his stocking. I had to wake the girls up. They were still in really deep sleeps and would have slept a while longer.

They were very excited to check out their stockings and begin opening presents. They were spoiled as usual. Santa's main gift to each was: a couple sets of Star Wars legos for Easton, and Easy Bake oven for Paisley, and a doll stroller for Avery. They also each got books, calendars, robes, clothes, etc. etc. Too much! :) Their favorite gifts that all 3 received was MP3 players. Even Avery got one. It is for kids called a Shaker. It doesn't require head phones, and you just twist the top to get to the next song. She carries it around all day and loves it.







After presents we went to my parents' house for breakfast and more presents. They of course got spoiled by grandma and grandpa, as did we.





That afternoon we went to my aunt and uncle's for lunch. The kids had a great time playing with their cousins. We played a really fun game called the Curse of the Wolfen. (google it!) Anyway, soooo fun. We played several rounds of it.

Afterwards we went home and put the kids to bed. Then my brother and his wife and Dave and I played a while on Dave's Christmas present, Rock Band 2. Fun, fun!!

It really was a great day. Full of family and fun! Oh, and good food, what more can you ask for??

The next day I did breathe a sigh of relief. As much fun as Christmas is and as much as I really look forward to it, I still am relieved to have it over and go back to normal life.

Plus, only a week left til our cruise! YEA!!!

1 comment:

Kori said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas! I have seen those shaker MP3;s and wondered about them. I think Linkoln of all my kids would love it the most. He loves listening to music on my cell phone. :) See you soon! Are you sure we aren't going to be in the way of you getting ready for your cruise???