Monday, August 18, 2008

Quick get-away

Well, Dave and I had a much needed get-away this last weekend. We just went to Salt Lake/Park City with our friends, Mike and Kalli. We left our 3 kids home in the care of family. (Thanks soooo much Erin, Mom and Dad, Shirley, Grandpa and Grandma, and especially Dan and Josie for staying overnight!!)

We left Friday afternoon and headed to Salt Lake. We ate dinner at the Rodizio. Expensive, but very good. We left there feeling absolutely stuffed and headed to the Gateway Mall for some shopping. When we got there we wanted to go up the escalator but it was broke, so we just walked up. I tripped as we were walking up. It wouldn't have been bad except that the edges of the stairs are really sharp. I cut open my toe as I tripped. I didn't think it was too bad but then I could feel blood pooled up in my sandal and realized it was bleeding quite a bit. So, Mike and Kalli were nice enough to go to McDonald's and get a bandaid and some napkins for me. Once that was all taken care of we had a great time.

Saturday we spent the whole day shopping in Park City. We had a lot of fun buying school clothes and spending lots of $$$!! That night we ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. It was sooo good. And, we of course left there with a huge piece of cheesecake for dessert!! Then we went back to the Gateway Mall for a little bit more shopping. By the time we got to the hotel it was about 9:00 and we were so exhausted! I slept like a log that night.

It was great to get away, but so good to get home to our kids, too. We sure miss them when we are away from them. They were well taken care of, though. We are very thankful for wonderful family members!!

1 comment:

Kori said...

I am glad you had a fun time. Hopefully we will be able to meet up the next time you are in our neck of the woods!