This morning I had great plans to get up early, get myself ready, get the kids up, make breakfast, and be out the door to walk Easton to school at 8:10. Well, I guess all of that happened except the getting up early. I forgot to turn my alarm on and so I woke up a half hour late. But, we all managed to be showered and out the door at about 8:12. Even with the pancakes. I made the pancakes especially for Easton, but he didn't feel like eating much, so he ate yogurt. Oh well, the rest of the family enjoyed them.
He was so excited when I woke him up. He came bounding up the stairs saying, "can you believe it is here?" He was so happy. He talked all the way to school.
We walked with my friend Heather and her kids. Her son, Rece, is also in first grade.
We got to school and they were just having the families come in to drop them off. So I was excited to be able to actually see him safely to his classroom. I got stopped a couple times talking to other moms and he quickly told me to hurry because we were going to be late.
When we got to his class he walked in and never looked back! I stood in the hall waiting for him to look back and wave, but he didn't. That was okay, though, because I know he must be completely at ease. I admit that my eyes wanted to tear up, but I was strong. :)
Last night, Dave gave Easton a father's blessing. That really comforted me. It was a special moment in our family and I know Easton felt the Spirit. He came up after and gave me a big, long hug. I love my boy! I am so proud of him. He is going to do great this year, and each year in the future.
2 comments:
Hey Jamie! I love your blog, I like catching up. Matthew starts 1st grade on Monday and he is excited. Alyssa is starting 4th grade so I am singing for joy to have both of them finally entertained all day long again!
You are so good to take pictures at school. I didn't even think about bringing the camera.
Post a Comment