
Last night Dave and I took Easton over to Discovery Elementary for the Back to School night. We left the girls with our neighbors so that we could make it a special time with just Easton. (Thanks Todd and Valerie!!) Discovery Elementary is a brand new school they just built in our subdivision. When we got there they were doing a ribbon cutting ceremony. Then we went in for a little information assembly and then on to meet the new teachers.
Easton's new teacher is named Mrs. Grimm. She is brand new, this is her first class. She is also a newlywed as of April. She seems really sweet and nice. I was debating with a friend on whether it was better to have an older teacher with experience or a younger teacher with lots of enthusiasm. I think there are pluses and minuses for both. But, I feel really good about Mrs. Grimm and I think she will do a great job.
I just find it hard to believe that summer is already over and school starts tomorrow! But even harder to believe is that my baby is going to be in first grade! He will be away from me all day. It doesn't seem that long ago that he was learning to walk and talk. I am kind of sad, yet sooo excited. I am excited for him to start all day school and experience all that goes with it. I am excited for him to eat in the cafeteria and meet new friends. I am excited for him to learn to read better and to just learn something new each day. He is such a sweet boy and so smart and has such a bright future before him. Oh, to go back to first grade! He is so lucky! :)
So, tomorrow I will be walking him to school. Crazy it is already here. Tonight we will be going to go get new school shoes and then we should be all set! First grade here we come!!!
2 comments:
I am so excited too!! You won't miss them as much as you think-sorry it's the truth. I love forward to having time to blog and be on the computer without having to referee fights. Hopefully we can get together and go shopping!
Yes! I am always up for shopping! Call me!! :)
Post a Comment