Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Update on Pinewood Derby

The work has been progressing. There has been lots of sanding and prepping. Then came the painting. Then, Dave had to make a trip to our neighbor's house to get some vinyl for the car. So here is the finished product (minus the wheels which will be added tonight):







Dave took all the pictures, that is why there is one from almost every angle! :)

Easton can not wait for tomorrow night for the big Derby! (Truth be told, Dave can hardly wait also!)

So, tomorrow is also Easton's first pack meeting as a Wolf. I am the Bear Leader and I am so excited to finally have Easton be one of the little scouts. His shirt is all ready and he has even earned his Bobcat award already! These are going to be some fun years!

I will definitely be posting again soon about the big race! Wish him (them) luck!

5 comments:

Kori said...

Have fun tomorrow! Our Pinewood Derby in our ward is tomorrow, too. Markus isn't quite old enough to join in the fun. But I will be there because I am the Bear Leader, too. I didn't know you were! :)

Kori said...

Oh yeah, GOOD LUCK!!!!

Christy said...

Hopefully they have an award for the coolest car. That car is awesome!! Make sure not to leave it alone for a minute.

Bowler Family said...

That looks so awesome!! Tell Easton (and Dave) good luck tonight! I can't wait for my boys to be in scouts!

Johnson Family said...

Wow! It looks great! I saw on facebook that he got second place. Way to go!!!