Monday, August 31, 2009

Garden update...

Since I have blogged quite often this year about the progress of our garden, I thought I had better add another update.

We have GOBS of green tomatos, 12 plants worth. But have really yet to see any red. But yesterday I picked one and today I picked all of these...



So, slowly but surely, our tomatos are turning red! Yea, finally!!

Plus, these are just some of our peppers. We also have TONS of onions that we have already used in salsa and soup. Delicious!

And, I have been busy canning about 40 pints of these little beauties...



Also, we have a ton of carrots that I was able to harvest some of and use in the soup I made, also. It was a neat feeling going into my garden to pick ingredients for our meal!

All in all, I would say we have had a pretty successful year, considering we are rookies. It has been a lot of fun for us. Gardening is a very rewarding project! I am already looking forward to next year!

4 comments:

Angie T. said...

Wow! You have been busy. We really need to put a garden in next year. I start off with great ambitions and then they fizzle.

Bowler Family said...

I too am looking forward to next year. You guys did awesome for your first year!

Bowler Family said...

P.s. I love, Love, Love, the new pics of your cute kiddos!

Ryan and Heather said...

Cool! I'm just going to start calling you Farmer Jamie!