Friday, September 4, 2009

Crazy Week

Nothing really exciting to post about this week. Dave started training a new class this week. He trains his classes for 10 weeks. The people in the class will have the 10-7 shift and so hehas to train them at that shift, also. So, really, Dave works from 9-8 usually, sometimes longer. It makes for a VERY long 10 weeks for all of us. So, week one is over (almost). It seems that the first couple weeks are really hard for me. Then I seem to get used to it. I just feel overwhelmed and tired and super busy. It is weird that not having him home for those couple hours at night really makes a huge difference. By the time the kids go to bed, I am exhausted! It is tough. And, I am sure Dave is just as exhausted by the time he gets home!

Dave has also been playing softball still. So, this week, he has gotten home from work, changed and headed to softball. It really has been CRAZY!

One other bad part of this schedule is that I get STARVED for adult conversation. All 3 meals are eaten with just me and the kids. That is okay, but I long to talk with Dave over dinner, also. The days get kind of lonely.

But, the other night, I got to go out with some good friends for a girls night out! (Thanks for putting the kids to bed, Dave!) That night and conversation was like food to my thirsty mind. It really rejuvinated me to be out and just talking and laughing with other women. I really had a great time and was so happy when I got home. So, that was really a highlight to my week. Thanks, girls, you don't know how much I needed it!

Well, that is probably enough of my pity-party. One night this week, I took the kids out on a "date". We went to an early dinner at McDonalds, went and watched Ice Age 3, and then for a frosty at Wendy's. Paisley was already thanking me for the fun night when we had just got started at McDonalds! She said, over her cheeseburger, "I am going to remember this night!" That made me feel good. I love to have nights where we just have fun and I get to treat my kids. It was a great night. I think that the kids had a great night, as well!

Easton is in flag football again this year. They have been practicing for the past couple weeks. He loves football so much! It is his favorite sport. He can throw a perfect spiral, it is awesome. I know Dave smiles inside every time he sees his son playing sports! His games start next week and we are really excited to be able to go watch him!

The kids are doing well in school. They started having homework this week, which hasn't been too fun for anyone. But, I have been making them do it as soon as they get home, so that frees up our night. I think they appreciate that, too, once they are done!

Oh, and I have done a bit more canning this week. A couple days ago I canned ONE quart of tomatos! Nice, huh? We are very slowly getting red ones. I had a few and didn't want to waste them, so I canned a quart. :) Then yesterday, I canned 15 pints of corn and 4 pints of dilly beans. My uncle gave my parents a bunch of corn and they didn't want that much, so they gave it to me. I decided to try canning it, I haven't done that in the past. I like canned corn, so I am sure it will be good.

That is all for our week. Nothing too exciting, a little boring, and a little pity-partiesh, but it's over. I am so excited for the weekend. I think Dave and I are going to try to go to the fair on our date night. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fair. Dave doesn't, but always humors me. We also have a BBQ scheduled with my brothers and their families. My brother, Andrew, spent the summer in Florida. So, I haven't seen him since May. I am very excited for that. Should be a fun weekend, and a long one thanks to Labor Day! Yea! Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Dan n' Josie said...

Sounds like a busy busy week..Dan has been gone late this week too, makes for some long nights. Although I shouldn't complain, I only have one kid compared to your three, ha ha. Oh I forgot to tell you, I don't think we will need any apples. If you do it next year, let us know and we will for sure do some apple sauce.