Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy 32nd Dave!



Today is my handsome husband's birthday! Happy Birthday, hon! I just wanted to post some of the things that I love most about Dave.

1. I love the way he loves our children. He is definately the "fun" parent, as I am a lot more serious. He loves to play with them and tease them. He and Easton love to play catch with the football. I can see the pride in Dave as his son throws him a near perfect spiral. :) The girls have him completely wrapped around their little fingers. It is so cute. They completely adore their dad.





2. I love the way that he loves me. He is very good to me. He understands my quirks and my flaws and loves me despite them. He is very patient with me when I am frustrated (usually with the kids) and tries to help me through those times. He is so good about giving me time to myself while he watches the kids. I am so thankful for alone time because it makes me a better mother, and he understands that. We are good partners and I am so thankful for him.



3. I love how he is the BEST gift giver. When I think about buying him gifts, I never know what to get. I usually end up with something kind of lame or else the same type of gift that I have gotten him before. He is very good about thinking about my needs and listening to my wants. He always comes up with very good and useful gifts for me. And, who doesn't love gifts??



4. I love that he is obsessed with sports. :) This one I admit, I don't LOVE all of the time, but I love that he has something he loves so much. Sports make him happy. Playing or watching, it doesn't matter. Three years ago we went to Atlanta. He is a life-long Atlanta Braves fan. So, that trip was an absolute dream come true for him! It was very fun to watch him, like a kid in the candy store. We went to an afternoon came in the beginning of July in Atlanta. Let me tell you, it was HOT, HOT, HOT! We had super great seats, but no shade. I thought I was going to die! I have never been so hot. I must have drank 5 bottles of water. I could hardly watch the game because I was so concerned with how hot I was. Was Dave hot? I am sure he was, but he never noticed! To this day he tells me that it wasn't very hot. That is soooo not true, but he just didn't notice because he was in heaven every minute of that game. It is funny!


Our view of the Braves dugout...you can see why he was in heaven!!

He also loves to play sports, especially softball. He has played softball every year that I have known him, except for the years he was on his mission. He plays very well and is in love with the sport. We have traveled many miles playing tournaments and spend countless nights at the ballpark.

5. I love it when he cooks. He cooks a few things really well. He makes great eggrolls and fresh salsa. Those two things are 100% his and I don't have much to do with. They are always very yummy. I am sure he could make a lot more yummy things, but unfortunately for us, I do most of the cooking! :)



6. I love his sense of humor. He is really funny and fun to be around. He is a big tease. He loves being with people that he can tease and joke with.



7. I love the way he LOVES a clean garage and well manicured yard. I love it because they are HIS. I don't ever have to clean the garage, and I don't do the yard work (unless he is working long hours. I have done my fair share when needed). The garage is his and the house is mine and we are fine with that! :)

I love many more things about Dave. He is my best friend. He is my support and my partner. He is the best thing that ever happened to me. I am so happy that he chose me to spend his life with, I am a lucky girl for sure!!

I hope you have a wonderful birthday, Dave! You deserve it!

2 comments:

Dan n' Josie said...

That was the sweetest post ever!! and I must say his egg rolls and salsa are delicious!!

Johnson Family said...

What a sweet post to Dave. Happy Birthday Dave!