I just wanted to post about my funny little boy who is growing up way too fast before my eyes! He is so much like me that it is scary. We have a lot of the same personality traits, a lot of the ones that I do not particularly enjoy in myself, let alone my little boy. But, he is so funny! His first grade teacher was always talking about his infectious laugh! Seriously, it is so cute! She said if he started laughing, then she just couldn't help joining it...as did the rest of the kids. That made for a bit more chaos in her class, but I think she enjoyed it.
Anyway, a couple funny things I wanted to remember...
He got two new pairs of shoes for school. And, each time he has put them on at the store, and then again for the first time at home, he has had to run as fast as he can across the room to make sure they help him run fast! It is so funny! I think it is a boy thing. But, this morning, we put on a new pair that he hadn't wore yet, and I told him to stand up and see how they feel. So, he just took off running, and then said, "Yeah they feel good." :)
That is the last thing that I personally want to do in my new shoes! :) But, can you imagine, a bunch of adults running through the shoe store to make sure their new shoes will make them run fast? Ha Ha! Obviously, running is very important to my little boy!
The other day I decided to be a sweet mom and stick a little "I love you! Be good! Have a good day" type of note in his lunch. I wanted to be sure that he got it, so I stuck it right on top to his bag of chips. I was so sure it would just brighten his day.
That night over dinner I said, "So, Easton, did you find anything special in your lunchbox today?" You know, kind of fishing for a compliment and good mom pat on the back. He all of a sudden was all distressed and said, "Mom, please don't ever do that again! It is soooo embarrassing!" I was quite taken aback, and I noticed that Dave kept looking at me to see how I was reacting. I asked him later if he thought I would cry, and he said he wasn't sure how I would react. :) (I won't lie, tears threatened for just a second.) Anyway, so I said something about how I was sorry and I thought he would like it. He said, "Damon's mom puts those in his lunch all the time and the kids won't play with him now." So, it came down to, the boys make fun of them and won't play with the "mama's boys" I guess! How ridiculous is that?!?!? But, I agreed that I wouldn't do that horrible thing to him again. But, then he added, "Well, you can put one in, just stick it to the bottom of my bag, not on my chips!" I guess maybe he did enjoy it somewhat, but wants to be able to do so in private. Understood...note taken!
I love you, son.
4 comments:
Oh my heck! The note thing. I did that last year, and Rece said the exact same thing! I had to sneak them in too. It made me feel really bad too.
How sad about the note! They are so young still! He is a way cute little boy Jamie! I probably would have cried. Hunter does the same thing when he gets new shoes! So funny!
That is so dang sad about the note..don't worry, remember the days when we we're embarrassed of our parents.. ha ha
Dang cute story, crazy how he is willing to let you still place them in the bottom of his lunch. I would have never! Happy late birthday to the Dave man.
Post a Comment