Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Recent events

A few things have happened the last few days.


Paisley lost her second tooth before church on Sunday. She showed it to me and it was very wiggly, but not enough that I could just pull it out. She worked on it for a bit, we tried again, and out it came! She was so excited! The tooth fairy visited that night and left her another whopping $2! WhooooHoooo! I am so surprised that she is losing her teeth this early, but the dentist said it is fine.



Paisley's asthma has been acting up a lot the last few weeks. I feel so bad for her when she gets this way. It usually is just a tight, constant, high pitch cough. Once she gets into a coughing "fit" it takes her a long time to quit. We usually give her a breathing treatment and that will help somewhat. The only thing that really gets rid of it is to put her on a liquid steroid for a few days. That will loosen her cough, and as soon as that happens, I know that she is on the mend. Yesterday she was getting really bad and so Avery and I took her to the asthma doctor down in Pocatello. They squeezed us in, I was very appreciative. But, squeezing us in meant that the doctor came in for a couple minutes and talked, then had to leave to attend to another patient. After a bit he came back and listened to her lungs. He gave her a breathing treatment for the wheezing, and left again. The nurse came in and took off the treatment and left. Then we waited quite a while. He came in and listened to her again, she sounded better. He wrote out the prescriptions and we were able to finally leave. But, this was 1 1/2 hours after we got there. I thought that we would be in and out. Avery was very tired and cranky by that point. Oh well. My friend, Heather, picked Easton up from school for me and watched him for a while. Then later, my other friend Valerie watched him for another hour. I was very thankful to these friends for helping me during this time. The doctor put her on another steroid and she should hopefully be getting better in the next couple days.


Easton will be starting wrestling practice tonight. He is sooo excited for that. His flag football season just ended. He also really enjoyed that. Both are aggressive sports and are right up his alley! In fact, at one of his football games, a man came up to Dave and asked if #9, Easton, was his son. He was a little worried to answer, not knowing why he was asking. :) But, he said, "You need to get that kid in wrestling! He has attitude, and that is a good thing, and is really aggressive. He would do well!" That is something we had already talked about, but that kind of decided it for us. I hope he enjoys it. He was showing me his wrestling moves last night, which weren't official moves I don't think. I just hope that he can control his excitement enough to pay attention and learn. :)

3 comments:

Red Head Family said...

Hopefully Paisley will get better soon. I hate it when me kids aren't working right. I saw your pictures and was reading the top of the cartoons where is says reproduction rights and I though you were going to announce you were pregnant. Too funny!

Johnson Family said...

Yes canning was so much fun. Poor Paisley. That must be so hard on you too. I always get myself so worked up when my kids are not well. So I can imagine how you must feel. I am sure that Easton is going to be GREAT at wrestling.

Andrea said...

I love the pics that you found to go woth your posts!!! That makes it so much fun to read!!! Sorry about paisley, Tymber had issues that way too. It sounds so scary when they can't breath. It was fun to see you at Nelly's shower, we should get together again with Carol...that was fun!