Sunday, October 5, 2008

The BIG "5"!!



Paisley turned the big 5 on October 3rd! I can't believe how the time has flown since she was born!

She had a friend birthday party on Saturday. We wanted to do something different, something other than the normal "princess" theme. So, we decided to do a chocolate theme! Paisley loves chocolate, like her mother, and I thought it would be fitting. We gave out invitations that we glued onto a Hershey bar. Then I bought little aprons for all the kids and used puff paint to write each of their names on them.



I bought some sucker molds and melted different colors of chocolate and put it in squeeze bottles. The kids got to squeeze the chocolate into the molds to make two suckers each and a pretzel rod with chocolate on it, too. Then we made chocolate pizzas. They took a chocolate rice krispie treat, spread chocolate icing on, coconut as the cheese, and then got to load it up with little candies for the toppings. Those were fun, but messy. We put them in Ziploc bags to take home and they ended up looking like a big mess in a bag! Oh well. The point was to have fun, right? The suckers turned out to be a big success. They were easy for the kids, and turned out very cute!



Paisley got totally spoiled with all the presents she received! (Thanks everyone!) It was funny because all the kids started out holding the presents for her sitting on the ground watching her open them.



But, it must have been very exciting because they all ended up huddled right around her. They could hardly move! :)



After presents we had chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing, a Hershey kiss, and chocolate sprinkles.



Dave and I tried to eat one, but threw most of it away because they were TOO chocolaty!! The kids seemed to love them, though!



Then we had about a half hour left and no plans. So, we took them downstairs to play musical chairs with the music from the music stations on the satellite and towels as chairs. It was a total throw together game, but a hit! We played three rounds and they all had a lot of fun!



I recruited my mom and my sister-in-law to help at the party because I was afraid of Dave and I being alone with lots of chocolate and 10 5-year olds! They were a ton of help! Thank you soooo much!

All in all it was a really fun day! I think the kids had fun and I know Paisley did!

(I couldn't resist adding a picture of Avery in the tutu that Paisley got for her birthday. What a cutie!!!)

Here are a couple pictures from the two family parties we had on Sunday.



All the cousins together. You can imagine the chaos while trying to get this picture!

Paisley and my brother's son, Dillon. Dillon turned 2 the day before Paisley's birthday.

Happy Birthday, Paisley!! I am so proud of the sweet little girl that you are. You are such a helper to me and make my life so fun! We love you more than you'll ever know!!

2 comments:

Kori said...

I can't believe she is 5! Time flies! Happy Birthday Paisley!

Andrea said...

That is a great idea and it looked like it turned out great! Congrats on all the big kids...man they grow so fast!