Monday, October 20, 2008

Our first attempt, not too shabby!

For all of the 19 months of Avery's life, she has been without a dresser. Up until now we used a storage container that had 3 drawers, and she also used a drawer in Paisley's dresser. But, it has been frustrating to have her clothes in two places and not enough room for all her stuff, too.

Dave's mom and dad were nice enough to give us a dresser that they had in their basement. It used to be Dave's sister's when she was little, and she is 8 years older than Dave. And, Dave's parents bought it used all those years ago. So, it has seen many years and many, many moves. But, as is the case with most old furniture, it was made to last. So, Dave and I decided to strip it down, replace the pulls, and paint it.

The kids helped us sand down the drawers.



The dresser has been sitting in our garage half-finished for a while now. On Saturday we decided we had to finish it while the weather was nice and we could do it outside. It was a lot of work and time consuming. But we finished it. We thought it turned out really nice.

We didn't take a before picture, I really wish we would have. But, there was flower decals on it and these old pulls.



Here is the finished dresser.



I put all of her clothes in it today. It is so nice to have finally. I feel much more organized! Thanks John and Shirley!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Great job! I love redoing things, it gives a quick sense of accomplishment!