Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kids are funny!

Easton and Paisley each said funny things tonight. I need to get in the habit of writing them, or typing them, so that I do not forget!

The kids often get dragged around with me when I have errands to run. They have learned to dread the sound of my voice saying, "We are going to run errands! Get your shoes on!" That is usually followed by two loud groans. :) Anyway, today Paisley, Avery, and I ran errands. When we were driving in the car, Paisley said, "When we go places it is like, go to Brandon and Erin's, leave, go to Brandon and Erin's, leave, go to Brandon and Erin's, leave." I was listening and didn't really understand what she was saying. Then I realized that when I say "errands" she thinks I say "Erins". (Dave's brother's wife is named Erin.) So, she just thought we had nicknamed our running around as we are going to Brandon and Erin's! :) So I had to explain the difference between "errand" and "Erin".

We have Easton in flag football this fall. Tonight he had his second practice. As we were walking to the car afterwards he was telling me how one of the kids had accidentally hit him with his elbow and it had really hurt. He said, "But, I didn't cry mom. Cuz there is no crying in football!" :) He said it so proudly, too, like he had fought off the tears! :) I don't know if a coach told him there is no crying in football, or if he just figured that. Cute, anyway!

No comments: