Monday, September 15, 2008

I've been tagged!

My friend, Jaimee, tagged me tonight. I have never been tagged before, so here goes...

Rules:
1. Link the person(s) who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them

1. A lot of people know this about me but I can't stand it when my kids get dirty. If they are dirty, I change their clothes before we go somewhere. I always try to have their faces washed, hair done, and clothes clean when we are in public. (Now, when we are at home is another story!) I really have tried to not stress so much about it, but it is hard for me!

2. I am a freak about being on time! Not that we are always 100% on time, but I always strive to be. I have told people that if you want to see the worst side of me, come observe me while I am rushing around the house trying to get us all ready to leave and be on time!

3. I am TERRIFIED of bugs! Especially crickets, june bugs, really any kind of beetle. When we first moved in our house we had a lot of crickets. That was a nightmare for me! One day I was vacuuming the floor in the kitchen and a cricket jumped out from under the ledge of my counter. I thought I would die. I wasn't even brave enough to use the vacuum hose and vacuum it up. I dropped the vacuum, still running, and ran to my kids for help. Easton was brave enough to go vacuum it up so that I could go on with my life. I could tell you many more instances where my kids, especially Paisley, (I think I passed on my fear to Easton a bit) had to "save" their poor mom from a bug. Last week it was from a praying mantis while I was mowing the lawn! FREAKY!!!

4. I am also scared of really large birds and really large fish! They freak me out, too! When Dave and I were dating, we were four-wheeling in Island Park. We came around a corner and right in front of us was this HUGE crane. It took off running/flying when it saw us. But, that was so creepy to me!

The summer after I graduated, my family went down to Lake Powell for a week. It was so fun. The water was like bath water. But, when I was swimming in the water, if I made the mistake of letting my mind think about what kind of fish were swimming around me, I would have to get out! Also very, very creepy to me. There is just something unnatural about big birds and big fish!!

5. As I write about being scared of things, ironically another quirk is that I kind of like to be scared. Not by beetles, large birds and fish, but of scary movies, books, and stories. The older I get, I have decided I enjoy it a bit less. But, I still am drawn to scary thriller movies. I always hate being scared when I am in the moment of watching the movie. Dave always laughs at me for watching a scary movie through my fingers while my hand is covering my eyes. But, at the end, when I feel safe again, I think "That was fun!" :)

6. I, along with Jaimee and Megan, have to check on my kids every night before I can go to sleep. It must not be so much of a quirk as it is just a "mom" thing. There have been nights that I get all cozy in bed and remember that I didn't go down and check on Easton or something. I will think, "Oh, I am sure he is fine." But, the thought will nag at me and keep me awake until I get out of bed and go see with my own eyes that he is okay. I also worry that they are going to get cold during the night so I make sure that they are covered up. Like I said, I think it is totally a mom thing!

When I first saw that Jaimee tagged me, I thought, what quirks? How can I come up with 6 of them? But, unfortunately, I realized that I have a lot of weird quirks. I am sure that I could come up with several more. Call me crazy!

I tag: Chelsea, Kori, and Ashley.

3 comments:

Red Head Family said...

Thanks for all your info. I like to learn more about everyone. Your blog is so cute. Congrats on your wedding anniversary. Mark and I celebrated 13 years this year. I can't belive how old the kids are getting. I love the peace and quiet when I have then all but David gone. Wow-good job on your canning. I am going to do peaches and pears tomorrow I think. Thanks for sharing!

Andrea said...

Very Cute! Youa re good at the blog thing. I don't post as much as I'd like.
I like your hair in your family picture, it is pretty blonde, very cute!

Ashley said...

Ok How do I do this Quirk thing on my blog? Do I copy and paste from yours? Also I was wondering if you know if you can change your playlist once you have put it on your blog and how you do it if you know???? Sorry my brain is not working right now.