Avery finally turned the glorious age of 18 months!! Hurray, Yippee, Hallelujah!! Some might wonder why 18 months is so glorious, but those who are LDS all understand! She can finally go to nursery during church! The last few months I have been counting down the weeks and watching enviously as people at church dropped their children off and finally we are able to drop our little Avery off. Yea!
Yesterday, Paisley and I took Avery to her 18 month well baby check up. I am always anxious to see how much she weighs, etc. Ever since her two month check up she has been really tall. For a while she was off the charts in her height and then was around 98th percentile. Yesterday she weighed 26lb 14oz (58th percentile) and measured 34 1/2 which is 98th percentile still. I just don't know where she is getting this height! Dave and I are not tall people. Easton and Paisley were usually between the 25th and 50th percentile for height, usually the 25th. So, somehow Avery got the only tall gene. Of course it would be our girl that gets it! :)
The doctor said she looks great. He did say he is a little concerned that she isn't saying much yet. But, he said we won't do anything until her 2 year check up and see how she is then. She says "mama" and "more". That's about it. So, we will see how the next 6 months go. Also, he gave us some bad news. We have to give up the beloved pacifier!!! Dum, dum, dum!!! I am really dreading this. She is way addicted to that thing. She has it all day and absolutely has to have it for naptime and bedtime. I think we will take it slow. I am not going to let her have it during the day anymore, only when she sleeps. Then I think I will take it away at naptime and finally, bedtime.
We sure love our little Avery. Her nickname is the Texas Tornado, cuz that is exactly what she is!! She goes from one thing to another at rapid speed and leaves destruction in her path! But, she also makes us laugh everyday and has the sweetest personality. She loves to hug and kiss, and loves to be kissed on the neck. I will kiss the back of her neck and then she will point to it again and again for more kisses!
I just can't believe it has been a year and a half. It has gone so fast, and we have truly enjoyed having her in our family!
1 comment:
Yay for 18 months! I know what you mean about that nursery thing. I am already counting it down for Karson! Avery cakes is so adorable!!
Post a Comment