I know, I know. I am a blog-slacker as of late. I don't know why. Maybe because the weather is so blah and that makes me feel blah. Maybe it is because I haven't taken any pictures and I often feel it isn't a worthy post unless there are pictures. (Although I don't mind reading others' blog posts with no pictures. Mine just seem boring.) Maybe it is because I haven't been feeling well most days. (A whole other post for another time. NO, I am not prego.) Whatever the reason, and I don't know the reason myself, it is definitely time to post SOMETHING.
Unfortunately, last week Dave was sick with a bad pain in his side and GOUT!! What?!?!? I know! Anyway, after a trip to Redicare, our family doctor, and the ER, he is finally feeling better and is back to normal. But, he was home from work for 3 days last week. So, our plans of having him take off a couple days off this week for spring break were ended when he was home sick.
So...now we are at the end of spring break. Sadly, we didn't do much. Monday we hung out with a couple of my friends. Dave can not understand how women sitting around the table with a bunch of recipe books and talking could be fun, but it is. Let me tell you. Any excuse to hang out with other women and talk is good! Monday night, Dave and I went on a spur of the moment planned date. So nice!! We went to dinner and to Target to buy all the Easter things we needed. I love date nights with my hubby.
Tuesday I took the kids to see Alice in Wonderland. It was okay. I wouldn't have picked it, but it is what Easton and Paisley REALLY wanted to see. They liked it and Avery tolerated it well.
Wednesday...Paisley's asthma was HORRIBLE. She couldn't quit coughing and was really miserable. I wasn't feeling well all day, either. I have developed quite a head cold. So, we hung out at home all day. Except, for a quick trip to Wal-mart, which was a necessity.
Thursday, during the afternoon snow storm, my friend and I braved the weather and took the kids to McDonalds for play time and ice cream sundaes. It, again, was nice to just sit and visit while the kids play. Afterwards we braved Sam's Club with 6 kids, and obviously didn't stay long.
So...that brings us to today. Today I babysit my friend's 3 kids. And, since there is no school, they are all here all day. But, it has been going good so far. No big messes or fights. Pretty under control. I am going to feed them lunch and then attempt to dye Easter eggs with them. Should be fun. I will definitely take some pictures for a future post.
Dave and I have enjoyed watching the new Life series on TV with the kids this week. It is a series of nature shows with Oprah Winfrey as the narrator. They are awesome. The kids really enjoy them.
See, life has been a little boring. But, nice to sleep in and be lazy the last few days. I look so forward to summer. We have some fun things planned. I can't wait for some warm weather.
More posts to come, I promise. Also, pictures!
4 comments:
Your back!!! Even if there is no pictures I still love reading your posts!!! I am sorry that you guys havn't been feeling good. As soon as you said that I was so curious if you were prego so I am glad that you cleared that up. : )
The new Life series is awesome! We have been recording them on our DVR. I am excited to watch more.
I can't wait for the nice weather to come too. I think that we should do our once a week play dates again.
I have missed you in the blogging world!
Glad you had the chance to get out and have some fun despite this beautiful weather we are having:)
Mike totally has GOUT too! I am always telling him he is so old and the only other person I have ever known of that had gout was Ben Franklin and that he was super old! He really loves that, you should try that on Dave and see if if makes him feel better.
I feel bad I wasn't able to do anything fun with you while the kids were on Spring Break. It was kind of a crazy week. Thanks for the phone call this morning. You are a great friend!
Post a Comment