Friday, April 30, 2010

Logan Trip

As many know, and have heard me whine about, Dave has been gone for the last two weeks. It has been kinda rough for me. I cried when we dropped him off at the airport, cried on the way home, cried the next night at dinner. Okay, I was a bit of a basket case for a couple days. Luckily, I did pull it together and have dried the tears. But, I did miss him so much. It has been really hard to be without my partner. I just missed him coming home to me each night. I missed his help with the kids. I missed having him to talk to and listen to me. I just missed him. So, he will be home tonight. YEA!! I can't wait to see him!!!

ANYWAY, that leads me to this post. Last weekend, since Dave was gone, I really didn't want to sit home all weekend. So, my mom and I went to Logan to visit my brother and his family who recently moved there.

It was such a fun get-away. I loved spending a lot of good quality time with my mom and kids. I loved seeing Jarom and Jackie and their cute little family. It was just laid back and fun.

Right near Jarom's house is a little ice cream parlor. We stopped there Friday AND Saturday night! :)





Saturday, we went shopping. In the mall, they had a hurricane simulator. You could pay $2 and get in this little area and the winds would get really strong, like a hurricane. So, we put my brother and all the kids in there.



My kids had so much fun that they went a second time...




They loved it. I am not sure how fast the wind got, but as it was coming down, it said 67 MPH I remember. So, the winds must have topped out over 70 mph! Fun, if you are in a little tube, not fun if you truly are in a hurricane!!

Later on we went to the Logan Zoo. It is small and doesn't have a ton of animals. But, it was cheap and was a nice walk on a really beautiful day.






We hung out in the park for a while. The girls loved playing with Jarom's little boys. Paisley thought it was great fun to "babysit" Dillon and Avery. She just mothered them and took care of them at the park. They were so cute and just did everything she told them too.

Here are the cousins, Dillon, Paisley, Braylon, and Avery:




That same day, Dave (who was in Denver) went to a Rockies game with his Uncle Dennis, who lives there. They were able to get GREAT seats. While we were at Jarom's house, he turned on the TV to the Rockies/Mariners game that Dave was at. I jokingly said that maybe we would see Dave. I called Dave and told him we were watching the game. He told me that we might be able to see them. Sure enough, every time they had a close up on a right-handed batter, which was very often, we could see Dave and Dennis in the background. It was so funny. I could see Dave as we were talking to each other on the phone. Dennis kept waving and doing funny things and the kids thought that was so funny. I was just glad to see Dave for the first time in over a week! :)

We had so much fun, ate some good food, (even though I am trying to diet) and just really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks, Jarom and Jackie, for entertaining us! We love you guys! Thanks, mom. I enjoyed being with you so much! You kept me sand as I was being a single mom! I love ya! And, Dave, it wasn't the same without you! I miss you and hope you are never gone for that long again! I love you.

1 comment:

Ryan and Heather said...

Awwww! I'm so happy for you that your hubby will be home tonight! I hate it when Ryan is gone too...so I can empathize.